National Institute of Technology (NIT) Mizoram announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2020 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Mizoram invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD program for Feb-June 2020 sessions.
- Phd in Civil Engineer
- Phd in Computer Science and Engineer
- Phd in Electronic and Communication Engineer
- Phd in Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- Phd in Technical Engineer
- Phd in Chemistry
- Phd in Mathematics
- Phd in English
Categories of Ph.d. Students
- The Institute will admit Ph.D. students under the following categories:
- A student in this category works full-time for his/her Ph.D. degree. He/she receives assistantship from the Institute or fellowship from any recognized funding agency depending on GATE/NET (UGC/ CSIR) /other qualification.
- A student in this category works full-time or part-time towards the Ph.D. Programme. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
- This category refers to a student who is working on a sponsored project in the Institute and is admitted to the Ph.D. Programme to work on a full-time basis. The remaining duration of the project at the time of admission should be at least one year. If the project gets completed before the student completes his/her Ph.D. Programme, his/her category will be converted to that of Self-Financed category.
- A student in this category is a professionally employed person, who pursues the Ph.D. Programme while continuing the duties of his/her service in NIT Mizoram or elsewhere. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Receipt of application 15th November 2019
- Display the list of candidates 22nd November2019
- Submission of application 9th December 2019
- Date and time of Written Test and Interview 9th December 2019
- Display of Final list of Selected Candidates by Dean (RC): 11th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2020
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Masters Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations. OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score
Ph.D. in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)
- Masters Degree in the area of Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET/GATE. However, NET/GATE is not compulsory for part-time category.
Ph.D. in HSS (Economics/English):
- Masters Degree in the area of Economics/English from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale or 55 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET examination conducted by UGC/CSIR. However, NET is not compulsory for part-time category. *For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA or 5% of the marks.*Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa shall not be allowed.
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application form can be downloaded from Institute website (www.nitmz.ac.in).
- Self-attested copies of necessary supporting documents should be attached with filled in application form. Payment of application fees (of Rs. 200/- for General/OBC OR Rs. 100/- forSC/ST) should be made online in the below mentioned account. Transaction ID should be clearly mentioned in the Application Form.
- Name of Account : National Institute of Technology Mizoram (NIT Mizoram)
- SBI Account No.: 33755447886 IFSC: SBIN0007059
- Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- The required document is to be furnished along with the application by candidates applying under Project Fellow and Part-time categories.
- Form II: No objection certificate from the Institute (for Project Staff category).
- Form III: No objection certificate from the employer (for Part-Time Category).
- Form V: No objection certificate (for NIT Mizoram Employee – Part-Time Category).
- Candidates should prepare the above forms (Form II/III/V) only in the prescribed format(provided in the PhD Regulations of the Institute). No other format will be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to mention their contact No. & Email Ids in the application forms. Names of the short-listed candidates for attending the test/interview shall be made available in the Institute’s website or may be intimated by email by the respective Head of the Department.
- Scanned copy of filled-in application form and supporting documents complete in all respects should be mailed to the concerned HoDs/in-charges latest by 15th November 2019 up to 5:00 PM. Applications received after this will not be considered. Email-ids of the concerned HoDs/in-charges are provided below:
- Department of Civil Engg.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Computer Science & Engg.: email@example.com
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engg.: email@example.com
- Department of Mechanical Engg.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Basic Sciences & HSS
- Chemistry: email@example.com
- Mathematics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- English: email@example.com