National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) announces Admission to PhD Program for 2022-23 Session, Apply Now
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani invites applications for admission to PhD Programme for the academic session 2022-23.
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics PhD Admission 2022
- The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
- Infectious disease
- Chronic disease
- Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
- Last date of receipt of application at NIBMG with all required documents : 31st May 2022
- Publication of list of shortlisted candidates called for Interview at NIBMG : 13th June 2022
- Date(s) & Time of offline interview : 20-24th June 2022 from 9 AM onwards
- Declaration of Result of the interview : 29th June, 2022
- Certificates from relevant authorities are to be provided as proof before the interview. The minimum eligibility criteria for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to Ph.D. degree are:
- Candidates should have Masters (postgraduate) degree or 4 years B. Tech. in any branch of sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC and Persons with Disabilities).
- An applicant must have a valid Junior Research Fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview. DSTINSPIRE students with a provisional certificate from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories may also apply.
- Candidates who have a valid fellowship as mentioned above and are expected to complete their Post Graduate Degree by the end of July-2022 are also eligible to apply. Their selection will be provisional and subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria by the end of November 2022.
- Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project list of ICMR” are not eligible.
- Candidates with a MBBS degree with at least 55% marks may apply. Selection of such candidates are subject to the approval of the competent authority.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences.
- Please apply online via web link https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted). Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category. Online application will be accepted until 5 PM on 31st May 2022.
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly. Visit the University website for online submission of application forms.
- Applications will be screened based on Research Interest and preference will be given to candidates whose research interest matches with the ongoing research in NIBMG. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online to make the final selection.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website