Nagaland University announces Admission to M.A, M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., MBA, LL.M., PG. Diploma, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programs 2021
Nagaland University Admission 2021 – Applications are invited from interested candidates for admission to M.A/M.Sc./M.Com./M.Ed./MBA/LL.M./PG. Diploma/M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses at Nagaland University for the academic year 2021-22.
Candidates can check details on Nagaland University Admission 2021 such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees and more from the page below.
- M Phil : Master of Philosophy
- PhD : Doctoral of Philosophy
- PG Program : M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed, MBA, LL.M.
- PG. Diploma : PG Diploma in Mass Communication
Nagaland University Admission 2021 Important Dates
For M.Phil/PhD Course
- Submission Online Application Form : 15th July 2021
- Last Date for Online Application Submission : 15th September 2021
- Screening of Application/Test/Interview and Admission : To be Announced
For P.G Course
- Submission Online Application Form : 15th July 2021
- Last Date for Online Application Submission : 10th August 2021
- Screening of Application/Test/Interview and Admission : 11th to 25th August 2021
- Commencement of Classes : 10th September 2021
- Completion of Exams for Odd Semesters : 20th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Nagaland University Admission 2021
For M.Phil Program
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. programe shall have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree.
For PhD Program
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course Work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled and other categories of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A candidate, whose M.Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending, may be admitted to the Ph.D. programe of the same Institution.
For PG Program
- An applicant must have passed a three-year Degree Course with Honours/Major with 50% marks and for General stream students of Arts, Commerce and Science with 55% in the concerned subject in which admission is sought.
- For admission to LL.M. course an applicant must have LL.B. degree with 55% of marks under 10+2+3 pattern or Five years integrated course under 10+2+5 pattern.
- 5% marks relaxation for SC/ST category will be considered.
- Applicants who have graduated from Colleges (Private/Govt./Autonomous) affiliated to Nagaland University shall be entitled to 10% weight-age of Bonus marks over others. For instance, a candidate who had passed out from any College affiliated to Nagaland University with 60% marks in graduation will get 6% as additional weight-age and his/her total percentage will become 66% while drawing the merit index of selection.
For PG Diploma in Mass Communication
- Bachelor Degree in any stream/subject from any UGC recognized University having 45% marks in major subject or aggregate. 5% marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication /Visual Communication/Electronic Media from a recognized Indian or foreign university shall be given preference.
- Short listing of candidates will be done through Written Test followed by Personal Interview, if required.
Nagaland University Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applicants can apply ONLY through Online Mode of application.
- Once the application fee payment process is over, applicants must go to http://admission.nagalanduniversity.ac.in to fill in the Online Application form.
- Before getting into filling up of the Online Application form, candidates must keep ready the Application Fee Payment Receipt for reference number, scanned copies of passport photograph and documents (Academic documents, SC/ST/OBC-Central & Non-Creamy/ Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir/PWD/EWS as per applicability etc.) for uploading them.
- After successful submission of the Online Application, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP’ will be mailed to the email provided in the application form. Applicants must download and print the ‘ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP’ for use during the Admission Test/Interview/Admission process, etc.
- Application Fees of Rs. 200/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI I-Collect website using Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Admission will be based on their performance in the screening test and Interview.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated about the further procedure shortly.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website