National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Mohali announces Admission to PhD in Biotechnology Program 2023, Apply now
NABI Mohali PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2023 – National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali invites applications from the motivated students for admission to the PhD degree program in Biotechnology starting August-September 2023 session
NABI Mohali PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2023
About PhD Program
- NABI is a recognized Centre of Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad to conduct PhD (Biotechnology). The programme will be conducted at NABI and the degree will be awarded by RCB (www.rcb.res.in), an institute of national importance created by an act of parliament.
- Duration of PhD Course: The duration is for 5 years and a maximum of 7 years.
- Area of PhD Research Work: Agricultural biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, Nutrition Biotechnology, Plant Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Nanobiosciences, Post-harvest technology, functional foods, Genomics and Computational Biology
- Number of Seats: 31 (Reservation of seats: as per GOI guidelines)
- Start Date for Online Submission of Application Form: June 21, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form & Online Fee: July 31, 2023
- Date of Interview August 24, 2023, 10:00 AM onwards
- Minimum qualification: MSc/MTech in any area of life sciences/MPharma/ MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying marks: 55% total marks or equivalent score in the qualifying degree (5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI norms)
- In addition to above, the candidate for admission shall qualify a national level test for pursuing Doctor of Philosophy programme and such test include a doctoral fellowship or admission eligibility test conducted at the national level by the University Grants Commission (UGC), or Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), or Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), or Department of Science and Technology (DST), or Department of Biotechnology (DBT), or any other Government recognized agency.
- Candidates who have appeared, or will be appearing, in the qualifying degree examination (final year/final semester) and whose result is still awaited may also apply. However, the admission is pursuant to satisfactory fulfillment of the aforementioned criteria/ requirements at the time of joining.
- The details of Admission, Application Form, Ph.D. course work are available at NABI website (www.nabi.res.in).
- Eligible candidates may send their completely filled application form along with synopsis sheet in excel format (Application form and Synopsis Sheet are available in NABI Website) by email (Single adobe pdf file) to [email protected]
- Application fee of Rs. 500/- plus GST @ 18% i.e. Rs 590/-.
- Mode of Payment : Through online / Bank Transfer
- The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship offered to them from the different granting agencies as per their rules.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- PhD in Biotechnology Admission Notifications 2023
- PhD Admission 2023
- Top PhD Entrance Exam in India
- Admission Notifications and Dates 2023