Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur announces Admission to PhD Program for 2019-20 (Even Semester)
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2019-20 – Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur invited application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for academic year 2019-20 (Even Semester).
PhD Program is offered in following discipline
- Ph.D. in Architecture & Planning
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Sciences & Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Centre for Energy and Environment
- Ph.D. in National Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Ph.D. in Management
- Ph.D. in Material Research Centre
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Start Date of Online: 07th November 2019
- Last Date of submission: 21st November 2019
- Online Application form website by 27th November 2019.
- Date of written test: 09th December 2019 to 11th December2019
- Interview of the shortlisted: 10th December 2019 to 12th December 2019
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Eligibility Criteria for MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2019-20
Architecture & Planning
- Masters degree in Architecture/Planning/Technology in relevant discipline.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering, B. Tech./ M.Tech. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/Chemical Technology and interdisciplinary areas.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Environmental Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology and related disciplines with chemistry as one of the optional subject.
- M.E./M.Tech. degree in a relevant engineering discipline
Computer Science & Engineering
- B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Engg./ Information Technology/ Communication and Computer Engg./ Electronics and Communication Engg.
- M.E./M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Engg./ Software Engg./ Information Technology/ Information Security/ VLSI
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in respective & relevant Engineering disciplines
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B. Tech. and M. Tech. Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer/ Communication/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microelectronics or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of the department.
Humanities and Social Sciences
- M.A./M.Com. or equivalent degree with 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 60% marks Master’s degree in Science with 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 60% marks may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interest.
- M.A./M.Sc. in Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics
- B.Tech./M.Tech. degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical/Industrial/ Production Engg.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. degree/ disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- B.E. / B.Tech degree in Metallurgical/ Materials / Mechanical /Chemical/ Ceramic Engineering/ Manufacturing / Production Engineering with M.E. / M.Tech degree in Metallurgical/ Materials / Ceramic Engineering/ Thermal Engineering or equivalent degree in a relevant engineering disciplines. Physics The applicant must have a Master’s
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10 point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded) in the following areas:
- M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics/Engineering Physics/allied areas of Physics/interdisciplinary areas in physical sciences
- M. Tech or equivalent degree in Materials Science / Solid State Physics/ Engineering Physics / Polymer Science / Nanoscience and Nanotechnology/ Energy Science /Technology/ Computational Techniques in Physics
Centre for Energy and Environment
- B.Tech./B.Arch. With post graduation in relevant discipline
National Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Undergraduate: civil engineering/Architecture Graduate: Structural engineering/Earthquake
- The applicant must have a two-year post-graduate degree in management /commerce/ economics/ engineering / technology with CGPA not below 6.5 on a ten-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded). Materials Research Centre The applicant must have a Master.
Materials Research Centre
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Science subject with CGPA not below 6.5 on a ten point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded) Other Qualifications:
- M.Tech/ME or equivalent degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Ceramics, Mechanical Engineering, Nanoscience, Polymer Technology, Electronics, Nanotechnology.
- B Tech students graduating from an IIT with a CGPA of 8.0 or above in the above disciplines along with a valid GATE score OR B Tech / BE (from other reputed Institutions of National importance) with a CGPA of 8.5 and above, are eligible to apply. 3. M.Sc in Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry Polymer Technology, Electronics, Nanotechnology. Or equivalent Master’s degree in allied areas.
Eligibility for Admission
- The eligibility conditions given below are the absolute minimum. Departments/Centres may prescribe any requirements over and above for short listing. All eligibility requirements must be met by the date as prescribed in PG Rules & Regulations 2.4 (6&7) as follows:-
- The selected candidate, who has completed all the examinations including project/thesis examination and the viva voce before the date of registration but is unable to produce the certificate in proof of having passed and secured the minimum specified qualifying marks, may be considered for provisional admission. However, if admitted provisionally, they will be required to produce evidence of their having passed (or at least appeared in) the qualifying degree examination by the last date of registration, failing which the admission may be cancelled.b. The provisions in para 6 above shall not be applicable in the case of M.Tech. /M.Plan./MBA student of this institute, who has been provisionally selected for admission to a Ph.D. programme. Such students will be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme subject to the condition that they must have successfully completed all the prescribed requirements including acceptance of their Thesis/Project in a particular semester by the last registration date as specified in the academic calendar.
- The “specified minimum” CGPA/marks implies a minimum of 6.5 on the 10 point scale (60% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) for Ph.D. with a relaxation for SC/ST implying minimum of 6.0 on the 10 point scale (55% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) in qualifying degree (refer Table 1). In exceptional cases, brilliant candidates with CGPA of more than 9 (85% marks) in Bachelors degree in Engineering/Architecture may be recommended by DPGC to SPGB for admission in Ph.D. program.
- Reservation policy as prescribed by Government of India/MHRD from time to time shall be applicable.
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Application has to be filled online (Link available at www.mnit.ac.in). The last date for online application is 21/11/2019
- The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before filling-up the Application Form.
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST category candidates is to be deposited online only while submitting the application.
- The candidate is required to submit hard copy of PhD application form with photocopies of documents, and two photographs, at the time of reporting for admission process. All original documents along with M.Tech thesis copy should be brought by the candidate. The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before filling-up the Application Form.
For further information, please contact:
Office of Dean Academic, Malaviya National Institute of Technology J.L.N. Marg, Jaipur (Raj.) – 302017. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone no. 0141- 2715035 (3.00 PM to 5.00 PM) Web Site: www.mnit.ac.in