Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur announces Admission to PhD Program for 2021-22 (Odd Semester)
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2021 – Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for academic year 2021-22 (Odd Semester).
Read further for more details on MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2021.
PhD Program Offered
PhD Program is offered in following discipline:
- Ph.D. in Architecture & Planning
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Sciences & Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Centre for Energy and Environment
- Ph.D. in National Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Ph.D. in Management
- Ph.D. in Material Research Centre
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date of Online Application :- 04th June 2021
- Last Date and Time for submission of Online Application form :- 30th June 2021 (till 5.00 PM)
- Provisional list of shortlisted/eligible candidates for online/offline written test/interview will be displayed on Institute website by :- 09th July 2021.
- Dates of written test (online/offline) :- 26th July to 27th July 2021
- Dates of Interview (online/offline) of the shortlisted candidates :- 27th to 28th July 2021
- Final Result :- 09th August 2021
- Note :- No separate interview letter will be issued, the mode (online/offline) of written test and interview will be informed 15 days before the examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2021
For Ph.D. in Engineering, Architecture & Planning Discipline
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Planning with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks (Where CGPA is not awarded). In exceptional cases brilliant candidates (graduated from CFTI and other institutions whose NIRF ranking is up to 100) with CGPA of more than 8 (75% marks) in Bachelors degree in Engineering/Architecture/Planning may be recommended by DPGC to SPGB for admission in Ph.D. program. Such candidates having sufficient experience in the relevant area and publications in refereed conferences/journals as notified by DPGC, may also be considered.
For Ph.D. in Humanities & Social Sciences
- The applicant must have the master degree with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% Marks (where CGPA is not awarded).
For Ph.D. in Management
- The applicant must have a two-year post-graduate degree in management /commerce/ economics/engineering / technology with CGPA not below 6.5 on a ten-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded)
For Ph.D. in Sciences (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)
- The applicant must have a Master’s Degree in the relevant Science subject with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded).
Admission to sponsored Candidates:
- A candidate who is sponsored for either Full time (FT) or Part time (PT) studies at MNIT by his/her employer and who meets the additional conditions specified below may be admitted through the Dept. Selection Committee appointed.
- A sponsored candidate full time or part time must have total experience of more than two years, and in the case of full time sponsored candidate, he/she must have been in service of the sponsoring organization for at least one year at the time of admission. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to relieve him/her to pursue the programme for its full duration.
Admission to Off Campus Program for PhD:
- A candidate residing out 70 km radius of Jaipur and working in an R&D establishment or in other institution / organization, which is equipped with the necessary infrastructure for carrying out research and library facilities, may be considered, for admission in Off Campus category for Ph.D. programmes in Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Management, and Sciences. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least 2 years at the last date of application. The Institutions eligible for Off Campus must be recommended by DPGC and approved by SPGB.
- The employer must expressly undertake to relieve him/her to stay on the campus to enable the candidate to complete the “Course work”, “Comprehensive” and “State of Art” seminar and at the end of every semester for the semester evaluation.
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website http://mnit.ac.in/
- Scrutiny of application shall be done solely on the basis of information submitted by you in the application form, hence fill it very carefully. If at any stage of admission process a candidate is found not to meet the eligibility criteria, have hidden/submitted incorrect information, the candidature of the candidate will be summarily cancelled
- Attested photostat copies of the certificates/testimonials and all original documents, PG dissertation/thesis copy should be brought along with the Application Form while coming for the admission process. Two recent passport size photographs should be brought. Application Form either incompletely filled or without attested copies of the certificates/testimonials is liable to be rejected.
- The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before filling-up the Application Form.
- For General/OBC category : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST category : Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking
- Selection will be based on Entrance Test and interviews.
For more details and to online apply, please visit the official website