Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) announces All India PhD Entrance Test (MET) 2021
MAHE PhD Admission 2021 – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) invites application for All India PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2021 for Admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session commencing in August 2021.
Interested candidates can check details on MAHE PhD Admission 2021 such as phd disciplines offered, application process, eligibility criteria, fees, etc from the page below.
MAHE PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online application opens :- 06th April 2021
- Online application closes :- 15th May 2021
- Online Test (Remote Proctored) :- 05th June & 06th June 2021
- Test Shortlist :- 11th June 2021
- Interview process :- 15th to 25th June 2021
- Selected Shortlist :- 10th July 2021
- Course Commencement :- 01st August 2021
Applicants can aspire for their Full-Time doctoral studies at MAHE Manipal, under the following categories:
- Category 1: Applicants with valid National Fellowships Candidates with UGC – CSIR – NET-JRF / ICMR – JRF / DBT – JRF / JEST / INSPIRE Fellowship or having qualified other UGC recognized National or State level eligibility test with a valid fellowship, at the time of admission are exempted from the All India PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Category 2: Dr. TMA Pai Scholarships – Candidates interested in applying for the Dr. TMA Pai Scholarship MUST appear for the admission process through All India PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET).
- Category 3: Research Centres / Funded Projects – Candidates who work in research centres affiliated / collaborating with MAHE Manipal or work in funded projects within MAHE Manipal, are eligible to apply for Full-Time PhD program under this category. Email email@example.com for more details.
PhD Program Offered
MAHE offers Doctoral (PhD) studies in a wide range of areas covering
- Allied Health
- Architecture & Design
- Atomic & Molecular Physics
- Basic & Advanced Sciences
- European Studies
- Geopolitics & International Relations
- Hotel Mgt. & Culinary Arts
- Information Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management, Medical
- Public Health
- Regenerative Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MAHE PhD Admission 2021
- A candidate seeking admission to the PhD. program must have an aggregate of 60% or an equivalent grade, in any of the following :
- Medicine & Dental: MBBS / BDS / an undergraduate degree of at least 5 year duration or MD / MS / MDS / PG Diploma from an institution recognized by MCI / DCI
- Pharmacy: PharmD or PharmD Post Baccalaureate from an institution / university recognized by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Others: Master’s Degree or equivalent from an institution / university recognized by UGC / respective regulatory body.
- Candidates with Master’s degrees or equivalent, from foreign universities will have to produce a certificate or recognition / equivalency by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), as equivalent to the corresponding Indian degrees for the purpose of higher studies
Deakin – MAHE Cotutelle Program
- If you are seeking admission to the Deakin-MAHE Cotutelle Program, you need to have a minimum of 70%. As and when the information is available regarding the program, it will be circulated amongst all PhD students of MAHE Manipal.
MAHE PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.manipal.edu & https://mahephd.azurewebsites.net/#no-back-button
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information are available on the University website.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit/Credit card, internet banking.
- The admission to the Dr. TMA Pai Scholarship PhD program and Self-Financed PhD Program, at MAHE Manipal is through All India PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET), followed by subject level institution / department interview for the PhD MET shortlists.
All India PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2021 Pattern
- Mode of Exam :- The mode of online test conduction will be through Remote Proctored Computer based Online Test.
- Test Duration:- 2 hours
- Time Slot:- 3 PM – 5 PM (June 5), 10 AM – 12 Noon (June 6)
- Type of Questions:- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) / Descriptive Type
- Marking Scheme:- + 4 (Correct answer), – 1 (wrong answer), 0 (unanswered question)
- Question Paper will have 2 parts :– (Part A-Research Aptitude) (Part B-Subject Specific Paper).
Syllabus for PhD Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2021
- Part A: Research Aptitude – Aptitude test will be used to determine an individual’s propensity to perform in this written examination, pertaining to general aptitude, quantitative reasoning and analysis, language, research aptitude and statistical measures. The syllabus will be uploaded shortly
- Part B: Subject Specific – The subject specific paper will comprise questions pertaining to the Stream & PhD Test Domain chosen by the applicant at the time of completing the PhD Online Application Form (OAF).
Dr. TMA Pai Scholarship
MAHE Manipal provides Dr. TMA Pai Scholarships to the eligible & selected candidates as follows
- The scholarship will be paid through the respective institutions :
- Probationary period (NOT more than 6 months) – Rs. 18,000 / month
- First Year – Rs. 20,000 / month
- Second Year – Rs. 21,000 / month
- Third Year – Rs. 22,000 / month
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website