Mahatma Gandhi University B.Ed Admission 2019 Notification
MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2019 – Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala invites Application for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Program in the Aided and Unaided Colleges for the academic year 2019-21.
Details of the Program and Duration:
- This is a program leading to the Bachelors Degree in Education.
- The program extends for a period of two years/ four semesters.
- The course of study shall be by regular attendance for the requisite number of lectures and practical training as per Mahatma Gandhi University Regulations.
See: B.Ed Admission 2019
Institutions and Subjects for the B.Ed. Program:
- The list of colleges to which admissions are to be made and the subjects /streams offered in each institution are given in Annexure I
- Details of B.Ed Program offered in affiliated Aided Teacher Training Colleges
- English, Hindi, Malayalam, Mathematics, IT, Natural Science, Physical Science, Social Science, Commerce
Important Dates for MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2019
- Last date for submission of application: 06 June 2019
- Date of publication of the rank list: 15 June 2019
- Date of interview/ admission: 22 June 2019
- Date of commencement of classes: 01 July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2019
- Nativity: Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission to professional Programmes unless otherwise notified. Holders of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards/ OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.
- However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Academic [General]
- Candidates should have passed the B.A./B.Sc. Degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern with one main subject and two subsidiary subjects from Mahatma Gandhi University or from any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission, subject to the stipulation regarding marks/grade.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from Universities outside Kerala should submit Eligibility/Equivalency Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, for seeking admission to B.Ed. Degree program in a particular optional subject in a stream as applicable, along with their application.
- Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Program are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency /Eligibility certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, stating that, their Qualifying examination is recognized by the Universities for seeking admission to B. Ed. Degree Program in a particular optional subject/in a stream as applicable, along with their application.
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B. Ed. Program is 50% (CGPA of 2) (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted) in Bachelor’s Degree [Science/Arts Subjects] for Part III or in aggregate or 50% Marks in M.A/M.Sc/M.Com. Details are given in Clause 5.4.2.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Eligibility for different Optional subjects:
- Candidates seeking admission to the B. Ed. Course in a subject/stream will have to satisfy the academic eligibility applicable to the subject/stream.
- English: B.A. Degree with English language and Literature/ Functional English/B.A. Communicative English/ B.A Triple Main (English, Journalism, Psychology) from Bangalore University/BA Triple Main(English Literature, Hindi Literature, Philosophy) from Vikram University, Ujjain with 50% (CGPA of 2) mark in Part III or in aggregate or 50% Marks in M.A English language and Literature/ Functional English/ Communicative English or B.A. /B.Sc. with 50% (CGPA of 2) of marks for Part I English and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature.
- Malayalam: B.A. Degree with Malayalam Language and Literature with 50% (CGPA of 2)marks in Part III or in aggregate or 50% Marks in M.A Malayalam Language and Literature or B.A./ B.Sc. with 50% of marks (CGPA of 2) for Part II Malayalam and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Malayalam Language and Literature.
- Hindi: B.A. Degree with Hindi language and Literature/Functional Hindi with 50% marks (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or Hindi language and Literature or B.A./B.Sc. with 50% of marks for Part II Hindi and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Hindi Language and Literature
- Arabic: B.A. Degree with Arabic language and Literature/Afsal-Ul-Ulama in Arabic with 50% marks (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or 50% marks in M.A. Arabic language and Literature or B.A./B.Sc. with 50% of marks for Part II Arabic and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Arabic Language and Literature.
- Mathematics: B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics as main, with 50% marks (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or 50% marks in M.Sc. Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics. Candidates with Statistics/Applied Statistics should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Physical Sciences: B.Sc. Degree with Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/ Geology/ Petrochemicals/Bio-Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/Electronics with Computer Hardware with 50% marks (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or 50% marks in M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/Geology/Petrochemicals/BioChemistry/Industrial Chemistry.
- Natural Sciences: B.Sc. Degree with Botany/Zoology/Bio-Chemistry/Plant Science/Home Science with Zoology or Botany as subsidiary/Aquaculture (with Bio-Chemistry and Zoology as Subsidiaries)/ Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biological Techniques and Specimen Preparation(with Bio-chemistry and Zoology as subsidiaries) with 50% marks (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or 50% marks in M.Sc. Botany/Zoology/Bio-Chemistry/ Plant Science/Home Science. They should have studied Zoology/Botany/Bio-Chemistry as one of the subjects in Degree level.
- Social Science: B. A. Degree with History/ Arabic and Islamic History/ Geography/ Politics/ Economics/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ West Asian Studies/B.Sc Degree in Geography with 50% mark (CGPA of 2) in Part III or in aggregate or 50% marks in M.A. History/ Arabic and Islamic History/ Geography/ Politics/ Economics/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ West Asian Studies.
- Commerce: Candidates who have secured M.Com Degree with not less than 50% marks (CGPA of 2) alone are eligible for admission to the B. Ed. Course in Commerce. Such candidates are not eligible for admission to any other B. Ed. Course.
- Information Technology: MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science/M. Sc. Electronics with a minimum of 50% marks (CGPA of 2).
Relaxation in Marks
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe [SC/ST] communities with pass, for Graduation and Post-graduation, in the respective optional subjects, are eligible for admission.
- Candidates belonging to socially and Educationally Backward communities [SEBC] will be given 5% concession in marks. Candidates belonging to Other Eligible Communities [OEC] will be given 5% concession in marks. Blind Candidates will be given 5% concession in marks.
- Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/ Dumb candidates are not eligible However, blind candidates will be eligible for admission to Course other than science optionals.
MGU Kerala B.Ed Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The Application forms can be downloaded from the University Website www.mgu.ac.in.
- Application fee of Rs. 50/- has to paid at the college at the time of submission of application.
- Applicants who wish to apply in different colleges should submit separate application in each college.
Mahatma Gandhi University
- Priyadarsini Hills P.O., Kottayam, Kerala–686 560, website www.mgu.ac.in