LNMU Darbhanga announces PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 for Admission to PhD Program
LNMU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 – Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Kameshwar Nagar, Darbhanga invites applications for PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2020-21.
Interested candidates can check all the details of LNMU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page give below
PhD Programs Offered
1. A.I.H. & C
13. Home Science
20. Political Science
LNMU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 Important Dates
Last Date for submission of Application Form
31st December 2020
Last Date for submission of Application Form with Late Fine of Rs. 500/-
05th January, 2021
Date of PhD Admission (PAT) Test 2020
17th January, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for LNMU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020
- Candidate for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s Degree with at least55% Marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 Point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the subject/in allied subject from recognized university.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled categories of candidates.
Exemption from the PAT-2020
- Candidates who have passed NET/JRF/BET /PAT 2018/ PAT 2019 of LNMU and/or have secured grants for research such as fellowship DBT/ICMR/ICAR/DST Inspired/ CSSTR/ICHR etc. will be Exemption from the Admission test 202
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor &Professor who has been appointed or substantive post in the UGC Pay scale in the teaching Dept. of the University or a Constituent College of the University who have completed their probation successfully, with an experience of at least of two years of uninterrupted service would be exempted from the test.
- Teachers appointed in self finance courses and Teachers belonging to those colleges which run on self-finance basis will not be exempted from the test.
- Non-teaching employees of the University who are holding substantive appointments for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journals or journals identified by the UGC would be considered would also be exempted from the test.
- The candidates who are exempted from PAT 2020, are also required to apply with requisite Fee.
LNMU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 Application Process
- Candidates are required to visit the university website www.lnmu.ac.in and follow the PAT-2020 link available on the main page of the website to fill up the admission application form.
- Duly filled up and completed application form can be submitted online along with the requisite Test Fee and two copies of coloured self-attested photographs and necessary supporting documents from 11th November 2020 to 31st December 2020 without late fine and upto 05th January 2021 with late fine.
For General/B.C./EBC Candidates
For SC/ST/Disabled/Women Candidates
With Late Fine
Mode of Payment
Through Online mode.
- Selection will be based on the PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 and Interview.
PhD Admission Test (PAT) will consist of two papers of 100 marks each
Shall consist of 50 multiple choice questions on qualitative teaching and research aptitude
Shall also consist of 50 multiple choice questions from the core course/Paper-01 to core course/Paper 14 of the PG subject/Programme concerned.
The test will be held on in two sitting as follows 17th January 2021
Paper I – 11:00 A.M. to 12:15 Noon
Paper II – 12:30 P.M. to 01:45 P.M.
- Test will be held in Darbhanga at different centres that will be communicated properly in time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website