Kumaun University announces Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) 2019 for PhD Admission
Kumaun University PhD Entrance Exam (RDET) 2019 – Kumaun University invites applications for admission to PhD Program through Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) for the academic year 2019
Important Dates for Kumaun University PhD Entrance Exam (RDET) 2019
- Online Registration End Date: 7th February to 1st March 2019
- Fees Payment Dates End Date: 7th February to 1st March 2019
- Last date for Online Application Form Submission: 1st March 2019
- Admit Card downloading starts: 7th March 2019
- Tentative RDET-2019 Date: 17th March 2019
See: PhD Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for Kumaun University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates aspiring to participate in the Kumaun University Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET)-2019 must have a Master’s degree of the Kumaun University (hereafter referred to as University) or of any other University incorporated by the law in force and recognized by the UGC; provided also that the candidate fulfills following criteria:
- Candidate should have secured at least fifty five percent (55%) marks (without rounding off) OR a grade point average equivalent to 55% marks (without rounding off) at the Master’s degree examination. For Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to noncreamy layer/SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) Candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (without rounding off).
- (Candidates appearing/appeared in PG Final Year Semester Exam of the Kumaun University or its affiliated colleges/ institutions only may also apply provisionally for the Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET)-2019 (recommendations of Academic Council, Point 02, Dated.06.03.2013). Under this criteria the appearing candidates of universities other than Kumaun University are not eligible.
- Candidate is a regular teaching faculty member having served the Kumaun University or the affiliated degree colleges of the Kumaun University for a period of minimum of one year in the University or the Colleges/Institutions affiliated to the Kumaun University as per University/State Govt. Rules.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for the Ph.D. Degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained Master’s Degree, however, research work leading to Ph.D. Degree may also be allowed in allied subjects in the same or any other Faculty, if the Research Degree Committee (RDC) of the concerned discipline is satisfied and approve that the candidate possesses the requisite qualifications to take up the proposed research work. Allied subject for the above stated purpose must have been approved by the Academic Council of the University.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
The candidates shall be selected for registration into the PhD degree
- Through Research Entrance Test (RDET)
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET)
Through Research Entrance Test (RDET)
- Through Research Entrance Test (RDET): Subject knowledge (objective/ multiple-choice type) (Written Test of 100 marks; Duration of Exam: 2hrs)
- Paper shall contain 100 objectives/multiple-choice type questions and each question shall carry one mark with no negative marking
- No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer sheet of the written test shall be conducted
- The Qualifying % of Marks in the Entrance Examination will be as under: General – 50%, OBC – 45% and SC/ST/VH/PH – 40%
- Admission to the PhD program in each subject shall be made strictly according to RDET merit against the available seats in the concerned subject in the university campus and affiliated colleges
- Reservation Policy of the State of Uttarakhand shall be followed
Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET)
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET): A candidate who has qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF or equivalent national test shall be considered for direct admission to the PhD program without appearing in Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) but shall apply by filling the form within due date
- A regularly appointed permanent teacher having served the Kumaun University or the affiliated college for a period of minimum of one year as a regular teacher as per University/State Govt rules shall also be exempted from the PhD entrance test but are also required to apply
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Kumaun University PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The applicants are required to apply online at https://www.kuentrance.in/RDET
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Applications submitted on any other format/mode will not be accepted.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification. Incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- Fee for RDET 2019 is Rs. 2000/- + Rs. 50/- as portal charges. (Total Rs. 2050/- )
- Fee can be paid online through Net Banking/credit Card/debit Card or by depositing cash at any Branch of State bank of India. Choose appropriate method that suits you.
- Applications received after the last date i.e. 1st March 2019 will not be entertained.
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 17th March 2019 in two separate sessions as under:
- Paper-I (1 ¼Hours) shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated
- Paper-II (1¼ Hours) shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks
- Paper-III (2 ½ Hours) will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks
Centres of Exam:
- S.S.J Campus Almora – Centre Code 011;
- D.S.B Campus Nainital – Centre Code 012;
- M.B. Govt. P.G. College Haldwani – Centre Code 013;
- L.S.M. Govt P.G. College Pithorgarh – Centre Code 023
Subject of Tests:
- Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Political Science, Geography, History, Economics, Sociology, , Psychology, Home Science, Music, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Geology, Forestry & Environmental Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical Science, Commerce, Management Studies, Education, Law, Defense and Strategic Studies
Kumaun University Nainital
Directorate, Research and Extension, Kumaun University Nainital-263002, Website: www.kunainital.ac.in