Application form for Research Degree Entrance Test – 2018
Applications are invited for admission to research degree entrance test (RDET) for the academic year 2018
Online Registration End Date: 23rd February 2018
Fees Payment Dates End Date: 21st February 2018
Last date for Online Application Form Submission: 20th March 2018
Admit Card downloading starts: 10th March 2018
Tentative RDET-2018 Date: 01st Apr 2018 12:00 noon to 02:00 pm
- A candidate for the PhD degree entrance test must have a Master’s degree of the Kumaun University (hereafter referred to as University) or of any other University incorporated by the law in force and recognized by the UGC; provided also that the candidate,
- Has secured at least fifty five percent (55%) marks or a grade point average equivalent to 55% marks at the Master’s Degree exam; for SC/ST/ PH/VH candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50%
- appearing/appeared in PG Final Year/ Semester Exam of the Kumaun University or its affiliated colleges/ institutions may also apply provisionally for the PhD entrance exam
- is a regular teaching faculty member having served the Kumaun University or the Kumaun University college for a period of minimum of one year in the University or the College/Institutions affiliated to the Kumaun University as per University/State Govt. rules
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for the PhD degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained Master’s Degree, however, research work leading to PhD degree may also be allowed in allied subjects in the same or any other Faculty, if the Research Degree Committee (RDC) concerned is satisfied that the candidate possesses the requisite qualifications to take up the proposed research work
Allied subject for the above stated purpose must have been approved by the Academic Council of the University
The candidates shall be selected for registration into the PhD degree
- Through Research Entrance Test (RDET)
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET)
Through Research Entrance Test (RDET)
- Through Research Entrance Test (RDET): Subject knowledge (objective/ multiple-choice type) (Written Test of 100 marks; Duration of Exam: 2hrs)
- (ii) Paper shall contain 100 objectives/multiple-choice type questions and each question shall carry one mark with no negative marking
- (iii) No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer sheet of the written test shall be conducted
- (iv) The Qualifying % of Marks in the Entrance Examination will be as under: General – 50%, OBC – 45% and SC/ST/VH/PH – 40%
- (v) Admission to the PhD program in each subject shall be made strictly according to RDET merit against the available seats in the concerned subject in the university campus and affiliated colleges
- (vi) Reservation Policy of the State of Uttarakhand shall be followed
Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET)
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RDET): A candidate who has qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF or equivalent national test shall be considered for direct admission to the PhD programme without appearing in Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) but shall apply by filling the form within due date
- A regularly appointed permanent teacher having served the Kumaun University or the affiliated college for a period of minimum of one year as a regular teacher as per University/State Govt rules shall also be exempted from the PhD entrance test but are also required to apply
- The applicants are required to apply online at https://www.kuentrance.in/RDET
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Applications submitted on any other format/mode will not be accepted.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification. Incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- Fee for RDET-2018 and RDET (Exempted)-2018 is Rs. 2000/- (Two thousand) which is not refundable, once deposited.
- To apply for RDET-2018 or RDET (Exempted)-2018, you should pay the Fee first through State Bank of India Fee Payment portal. Click on button Pay Fee and Provide required information as asked by the SBI.
- Fee can be paid on-line through Net Banking/credit Card/debit Card or by depositing cash at any Branch of State bank of India. Choose appropriate method that suits you.
- A print-out of duly filled online application form should also be sent by Speed Post to the Director, Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy Cell (SRICC), Kumaun University, Nainital-263001(Uttarakhand) along with all documents such as category certificate for (OBC/SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates), mark sheet of qualifying and/or JRF examination, high school certificate and Bank receipt of Examination fees (Rs.2000/-).
- Applications received after the last date i.e. 22nd February, 2018 will not be entertained. Therefore, it is requested to pay examination fee positively by 21 February, 2018
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 29.10.2017 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
- Paper-I (1 ¼Hours) shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated
- Paper-II (1¼ Hours) shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks
- Paper-III (2 ½ Hours) will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks
Centres of Exam:
- D.S.B Campus Nainital – Centre Code 01;
- S.S.J Campus Almora – Centre Code 02;
- M.B. Govt. P.G. College Haldwani – Centre Code 03;
- L.S.M. Govt P.G. College Pithorgarh – Centre Code 04
Subject of Tests:
Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Political Science, Geography, History, Economics, Sociology, , Psychology, Home Science, Music, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Geology, Forestry & Environmental Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical Science, Commerce, Management Studies, Education, Law, Defense and Strategic Studies
Kumaun University Nainital
Directorate, Research and Extension, Kumaun University Nainital-263002, Website: www.kunainital.ac.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : Admission Notification
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )