KLE Technological University Karnataka announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023-24
KLE Technological University PhD Admission 2023 – KLE Technological University Karnataka invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to (Full Time/Part Time) Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) program offered by various faculty for the Academic Year 2023-24. Candidates can check the post given below for more details on KLE Technological University PhD Admission 2023 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more.
PhD Program – Specializations
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Management Studies and Humanities
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Education and Research
- Automation and Robotics
- Legal Studies
- Last Date for Submitting Application: 15th October 2023
- Date of KLE Tech Research Entrance Test (RET): 15th November 2023
- KLE Tech-RET Exam Timings: 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
The minimum academic qualifications to be satisfied by the research scholars seeking admission to PhD Program (Engineering, Architecture, Science, Management and Social Sciences)
- The research scholars shall possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology /Architecture (allied specialization)/MBA/MSc in Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics or MCA or equivalent from any other University recognized by Admission Committee, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or First class at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree in respective discipline.
- The research scholars pursuing M.Tech. Degree at the University who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first three semesters of study with outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or First class at the Bachelor’s Degree in respective discipline.
For Ph.D in Law, the candidate
- Shall have a Master’s degree in Law or an equivalent professional degree approved by the Bar Council of India or the UGC, from time to time, with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade in a UGC Grade point scale wherever any grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. OR
- Have an M.Phil degree in Law through regular mode (with course work) with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade (as mentioned above, wherever grading system is followed) along with at least undergraduate degree in Law (LL.B) through regular mode. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. Further, subject to the Regulations, a Candidate may also be admitted to the Ph.D. programme if his/her M.Phil. Dissertation is evaluated, but the viva-voce examination is pending.
- All aspirants are advised to go through PhD regulation and Fee structure prior to filling the form.
- Enter basic information, prior to downloading the application form.
- Fill the application in online portal: http://phdscholar.kletech.ac.in
- Take print out of filled form, get it attested by the Principal / Head of College / University last attended or a Gazetted Officer on photo.
- DD draft of Rs.1500/- to be drawn in favour of “Registrar, KLE Technological University” payable at Hubballi
- Applications without fee are liable for rejection.
- Post the Application form along with DD and enclosures to “Registrar, KLE Technological University, Hubli-580031, Karnataka State” with clear mention of “Application for PhD Program – RET 2023-24 on the top of the envelope, by courier / post, on or before 15th October 2023
List of Enclosures
- Print out of online filled-in Application, attested by Principal / Head of College / University last attended or a Gazetted Officer on photo
- DD of Rs 1500/- as fee
- Detailed Bio-data
Xerox copy (self-attested) of:
- UG and PG degree Certificates and Marks cards (attested)
- Aadhar card
- Category certificate of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I/ and any other as applicable
- Any other additional Certificates supporting your claim for benefits like:
- Medical Certificate for the degree of disability in support of candidates claiming benefit
- Test Score Card along with Admission ticket in support of clearance of UGC-CSIR, JRF or GATE.
- The Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in case a candidate is having a degree from Foreign Universities.
- Passport with Visa for Foreign candidates
- The selection for admission to PhD Program will be based on score obtained in Research Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- KLE Tech University, BVB Campus, Vidyanagar, Hubli
- KLE Law Campus, Ullai, Bengaluru (Only for Legal Studies Program)
- Deserving full time research scholars will be considered for the award of fellowships up to Rs.25000/- per month for 3 years, on the basis of criteria defined by the University
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website