Kannur University Notification for Entrance Exam & Direct Admission to PhD Program 2019
Kannur University PhD Admission 2019 – Kannur University Research Directorate Thavakkara Campus, Applications are invited from eligible candidates including candidates exempted from Entrance Test for admission to PhD Program for the year 2019-20
Interested candidates can check all the details of Kannur University PhD Admission 2019, like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page give below.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application can be submitted online from 15th February 2019 to 08th March 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 08th March 2019
- Print out of the Application duly attested with relevant documents Kannur University Campus 13th March 2019 by 05.00 pm
Duration of the Program
- PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including Coursework and maximum of six years. Women candidates are allowed a relaxation of two years for PhD in the maximum duration.
No. of Seats
- Anthropology – 12 Seats
- Arabic – 12 Seats
- Botany – 12 Seats
- Chemistry – 05 Seats
- Commerce – 02 Seats
- Economics – 05 Seats
- Education – 04 Seats
- English – 03 Seats
- Geology – 02 Seats
- Hindi – 02 Seats
- History – 06 Seats
- Information Science & Technology – 06 Seats
- Kannada – 13 Seats
- Life Science (Biotechnology & Microbiology) – 13 Seats
- Malayalam – 24 Seats
- Mathematics – 09 Seats
See: Latest Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
Eligibility Criteria for Kannur University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program shall have a Masters Degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters Degree of Kannur University, with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 –point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- Candidates who are doing their PG final semester may also apply for the Entrance Test and they must produce proof of having passed the examination with required criteria before the completion of Course Work Programme, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy-Layer) and Differently-Abled Persons and other categories of candidates as per the decision of university/State Govt. from time to time.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The Entrance Test will be of two hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks including objective and descriptive questions. Entrance Test will be based on the syllabus for UGC/CSIR/NET examinations.
- Question paper shall consist of two parts
- Part A 50 Marks
- Consisting of multiple-choice questions related to Research aptitude, Mathematical/Numerical ability/Logical reasoning, English language competence and Computer awareness
- B. Part B 50 Marks
- Consisting of objective type questions (20 Marks) & descriptive type questions (30 Marks)from subject concerned.All the candidates getting a minimum of 50% marks and in the case of OBC/Non-creamy layer categories of candidates a minimum of 45% marks and SC/ST categories of candidates a minimum of 40%, as the case may be, in the Entrance Test shall be called for the interview before the Dept. Research Committee.
- Candidates recommended by the Department Research Committee will be given admission to Course Work and Ph.D. Program.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Those who have cleared JRF/Lectureship in NET/GATE exams conducted by such bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR,ICMR and other similar institutions of Central Govt.
- Candidates who have secured the Research Fellowship (of three years or more) of State /Central Govt. funding agencies or such other exams recognized by University as equivalent and awarded JRF.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted after the Entrance Examination or otherwise eligible shall submit synopsis of the proposed Research Work before the Dept. Research Committee and shall undergo a Course Work of six months duration on recommendation of the Department Research Committee.
- Regular M Phil Degree holders in the relevant subject will be eligible for exemption from the Course Work based on the recommendation of the Department Research Committee.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application can be submitted online from 15th February 2019 to 08th March 2019 through Kannur University website www.kannuruniversity.ac.in.
- The applicants are advised to submit only one application. The application and Entrance Examination fee of Rs.580/- shall be remitted through SBI Collect. See the link “Online fee payment SBI Collect” in the University website.
- The print out of the application duly attested with relevant documents should reach The Director Research Directorate, Kannur University, Thavakkara Campus on or before 13th March 2019 by 05.00 pm
- Incomplete application and applications received after the last date of receipt of applications will summarily be rejected and fee once paid will not be refunded or adjusted for any other purpose
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply well in advance without waiting for the last date for submission of online application
Hall Tickets for Entrance Exam
- The online registration I.D. No. is mandatory for downloading Hall Ticket for the Entrance Exam. This I.D. No. should also be kept and mentioned by the candidate in all future communications.
- Applicant can download Hall Ticket for the Entrance Exam from www.kannuruniversity.ac.in three days before the date of Entrance Exam
Thavakkara, Civil Station (PO), Kannur, Kerala 670002