|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
Jananayak Chandrashekhar University (JNCU) Ballia announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
JNCU Ballia PhD Admission 2023 – Jananayak Chandrashekhar University (JNCU) Ballia invites application for PhD Admission through Research Entrance Test (RET) 2023 in various subjects running in the university campus and its affiliated colleges.
JNCU Ballia PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- PhD program is offered in the following specializations
- PhD Political Science,
- PhD Sociology,
- PhD Geography,
- PhD Sanskrit,
- PhD English,
- PhD Hindi,
- PhD Zoology,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Home Science,
- PhD Psychology,
- PhD Botany,
- PhD Agriculture,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD Ancient History,
- PhD Defense and Strategic Studies,
- PhD Social Work,
- PhD Commerce,
- PhD Education,
- PhD Physical Education,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Philosophy,
Subject wise Seat Availability
- PhD Political Science – 22
- PhD Sociology – 27
- PhD Geography – 10
- PhD Sanskrit – 06
- PhD English – 13
- PhD Hindi – 22
- PhD Zoology – 04
- PhD Chemistry – 02
- PhD Home Science – 06
- PhD Psychology – 02
- PhD Botany – 06
- PhD Agriculture – 18
- PhD Economics – 14
- PhD Ancient History – 04
- PhD Defense and Strategic Studies – 06
- PhD Social Work – 09
- PhD Commerce – 13
- PhD Education – 08
- PhD Physical Education – 02
- PhD Mathematics – 02
- PhD Philosophy – 02
- Date of start of online application – 17 April 2023
- Last date for online application – 18 May 2023
- Last date for online application with late fee of Rs. 500/- – 26 May 2023
- Downloading of admit card from University website – 12 June 2023
- Date for Entrance Test – 18 June 2023
- A candidate applying for Research Entrance Test (RET 2023) must hold a postgraduate degree in the concerned subject with a minimum 55% marks or Equivalent grade in 7 point scale of UGC.
- A relaxation of 5% in minimum marks shall be given to Scheduled caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and differently abled candidates.
- Candidates appearing for final year/final semester of the postgraduate degree examination are also eligible to appear for the admission process subject to the fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria in the final result which is required at the time of admission.
- The Eligible Candidates who are willing to participate in the admission process shall have to apply online through our University website www jncu.ac.in
- Registration fee for online application of RET-2023 will be submitted online through Net-Banking / NEFT or Debit/ Credit -Card.
- Only after the fee submission, the applicants can fill the online application. Printouts of the pay-in-slip of the Bank along with the printout of the application form are to be taken by the applicant.
- The candidate will be solely responsible for all the entries made by him in the online application. If the candidate conceals or misrepresents any fact in the entries, his / her candidature will be cancelled and he / she will be liable to be debarred from admission in the University.
- Entries made by the applicant in the application form will be considered final and no subsequent request for change (s) or modification (s) in the same will be entertained.
- General & OBC candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & differently abled candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- The selection process is based mainly on the performance in the Research Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- The process of Research Entrance Test (RET-2023) will consist of two steps:
- First Step: A written test of 140 Marks.
- Second Step: Interview/Viva-voce/Presentation of Research Proposal of 60 Marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks for General/OBC candidates will be 50% in aggregate but not less than 40% marks in each paper. A relaxation of 5% marks will be provided to Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribes and differently abled persons (Physically and visually differently abled).
- The category wise list of qualified candidates will be displayed on the website of the University and the notice will be issued for the second step of admission.
- Reservation rules will be followed as per the norms of the State Government of Uttar Pradesh.
JNCU Ballia Research Entrance Test 2023 Details
- RET- 2023 written test shall be conducted based on multiple choice questions / OMR pattern containing two question papers.
- First paper will contain 70 multiple choice questions of 70 marks of two hours duration to assess the academic aptitude, research ethics, research methodology and research aptitude of candidates.
- Second paper will contain 70 multiple choice questions of 70 marks of two hours duration to assess the subject specific knowledge of candidates.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Syllabus for Research Entrance Test (RET 2023) will be similar to that prescribed for NET/JIRF examination of University Grant Commission (UGC), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) which may be seen from respective websites.
- The RET- 2023 for various Ph.D. programs will be conducted at different centers / colleges of Ballia only.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the answer / OMR sheet carefully during the examination.
- The candidate must bring his/her admit card and at least one photo identity proof to appear in the entrance test.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website