Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry announces Admission to PhD Program 2022-23, Apply Now
JIPMER PhD Admission 2022 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic session 2022-23 – NET Fellowship-qualified
Candidates with JRF / SRF (Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship) can
apply for admission in the following disciplines.
PhD Program Offered
- Biochemistry (5 Seats)
- Clinical Pharmacology (01 Seat)
- Medical Oncology (01 Seat)
- Dermatology (01 Seat)
- Neonatology (01 Seat)
- Physiology (2 Seats)
- Preventive & Social Medicine (01 Seat)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (01 Seat)
- Psychiatry (2 Seats)
JIPMER PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Date of advertisement and opening of online registration form: 25th October 2022
- Online registration and application closes on 09th November 2022
- Publishing of eligible candidates list: 16th November 2022
- Interview Dates (tentative): 19th December 2022
- Declaration of Final Results and despatch of admission order 22nd December 2022
JIPMER PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of PhD degree must possess any one of the following qualifications:
- Medical / Dental / Veterinary qualification: MD/MS/DM/MCh from an MCI recognized medical college or Diplomate of National Board of Examination. The degree(s) should have been registered with the NMC [OR]
- MDS from DCI-recognized dental college. The degree should have been registered with the DCI [OR]
- MVSc from a VCI-recognised veterinary college. The degree should have been registered with the VCI.
- Non-Medical Qualification: Master’s Degree (2 or 3-year course) from a UGCrecognized Indian University or equivalent in the subject as per requirement of the project (See table above).
- Candidates should have at least 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC/OPH candidates) in the qualifying examination mentioned above under 1 (a & b).
- The candidates, who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by November 30, 2022 may also apply. However, they must complete all the requirements for such qualification by this date, and those completing these after November 30, 2022 will NOTbe eligible.
- Candidates with Master’s degree through a distance-learning course are not eligible.
- The candidates should have qualified in one of the following National entrance tests in the last 2 years.
- Joint CSIR – UGC NET for JRF, UGC – JRF, ICMR – JRF, UGC – SRF, ICMR – SRF, CSIR – JRF, DBT – JRF, CSIR – SRF, DBT – SRF, DST – JRF, INSPIRE Fellowship, DST – SRF
- Candidates with fellowships similar/equivalent to the above are also eligible to apply.
- This does NOT include those with NET (Lectureship) qualified under DBT /DST/ICMR / UGC.
JIPMER PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examinations are required to apply through online mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.)
- Visit JIPMER Main Home page at www.jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link:
- “Apply online for PhD Courses admission – 2022-23 (for NET-Fellowship qualified)”.
- Read the prospectus and instructions carefully.
- Candidates need NOT send a hard copy of the application.
- For General (UR)/EWS: Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OBC: Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ST: Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For PwD: Exempted from Application Fees
- Mode of Payment : Through Online Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
For more details and apply please visit the official website