Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) Noida announces Admission to PhD Program January session 2020
JIIT Noida PhD Admission 2020 – Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Noida invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral Programmes (PhD) for the January session 2020.
Ph.D. Programmes Offered
- The Ph.D. programmes are available in various specializations – Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, Physics & Materials Science and Engineering, Management.
JIIT Noida PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 27th November 2019
- Date of Written Exam: 18th December 2019, 10.00 AM
- Date of Interview – shortlisted candidates as per B (ii): 19th December 2019, 10.00 AM
- Venue – JIIT Campus, A-10, Sector-62, Noida
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for JIIT Noida PhD Admission 2020
- M. Tech Degree of a University or equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering/Technology in respective branch with 60% Aggregate Marks or CGPA not less than 6 on a scale of 10.
- Master‟s Degree of a University for PhD in Sciences/ Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Management/ Pharmacy in respective discipline or equivalent with 60% Aggregate marks or CGPA not less than 6 on a scale of 10.
- M.C.A. Degree with 60% Aggregate Marks or equivalent CGPA and two years experience for Ph. D. in Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Technology Departments.
- Admission shall be based on personal interview of eligible candidates only. Each eligible candidate will have to give a short presentation before the interview committee in the area of research interest.
- The eligibility criteria for interview shall be determined as under:
- Satisfying the requirements of minimum qualifications specified in „A’ above.
- UGC-NET / CSIR (JRF) or equivalent national level examination candidates (only those who have qualified for fellowship and not for lectureship only) OR
- Shortlisted on the basis of merit in Ph.D. entrance test conducted by JIIT
Written Exam Procedure
- Tests/ Questions shall be different for each discipline of the program.
- Duration of the Test: 150 Minutes (60 minutes + 90 minutes)
- Total Marks: 100
- Test will cover all the core/ compulsory subjects in the relevant Master Level degree. Written test would aim at judging the depth of knowledge and potential to do research work.
- Personal Interview shall be conducted only for candidates eligible as per B (ii) above.
Format of Ph.D. Admission Test
For Engineering and Science Programs
- Objective Type: (50%) 65 questions for 1 mark each (50 questions to be attempted); Duration: 60 Minutes
- Short-subjective (Descriptive, Minutes Analytical, Theoretical, Logical, Mathematical, Numerical, Derivations etc): 12 question for 6 marks each (8 questions to be attempted); Duration: 90 minutes
- There will be two parts, PART-1 and PART-2 of the question paper.
- PART-1 will contain 65 objective type questions out of which any 50 questions may be answered. Each question will have four alternatives but single correct option. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for an incorrect answer or an un-attempted question, zero marks will be awarded. Maximum marks will be 50 for Part-1.
- PART-2 will contain 12 subjective type questions of total 50 marks. Each question will carry SIX marks. Out of 12 questions, any eight questions will have to be answered by the candidate. For each correct answer, maximum 6 marks will be awarded. Thus for all correct answers, maximum 48 marks will be awarded. 2 marks will be awarded extra for accuracy and novelty of the answer given by the candidate.
- PART-1 will be of one hour duration and PART-2 will be of one and a half hours duration. PART-1 will have to be answered in the first one hour. After completion of one hour, PART-1 answer book will be collected and PART-2 will be given which will have to be answered in the next one and a half hours.
For Management Program
- Part A: Multiple Choice-65 Questions of 1 mark each, only 50 questions to be attempted, (Research Aptitude and Methodology (20 questions of 1 mark each); Statistics (20 questions of 1 mark each); Business and Economic Environment; (25 questions of 1 mark each)), Duration: 60 Minutes
- Part B: Descriptive (Only one area to be attempted out of the listed areas) Attempt any 5 questions out of 6 of any one of the areas. Each question carries 10 marks.
- Areas as specified in the syllabus: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, Human Resource Management & Organizational Behaviour, Economics and International Business, Information Systems and Strategy. Duration: 90 Minutes
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- Part A: (50%) 50 MCQs of 1 mark each in area of Research Methodology in Social Sciences Qualitative and Quantitative Techniques. Duration: 60 Minutes
- Part B: (50%) 5 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each (Only one area to be attempted out of 5 listed i.e. Sociology, English Language & Literature, Economics, Psychology, Finance, Marketing and HR). Duration: 90 Minutes
- The fee shall be Rs. 25,000/- per semester.
- All regular full time PhD Scholars are eligible for award of Research Assistantship of Rs. 22000/- per month, provided they are not in receipt of any other assistantship / scholarship / fellowship / salary etc. from any organization / institution / agency / source.
- Limited shared hostel accommodation is available for Ph.D. Scholars at an additional hostel fee of Rs. 62,000/- per semester which includes boarding and lodging.
JIIT Noida PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Apply online at www.getadmissions.com
- Download the application form from the website www.jiit.ac.in and send the filled application form by post or submit in person to (Write Ph. D. Application JIIT, Noida on the Envelope): PhD Admissions 2020, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, A-10, Sector-62, Noida-201 309
- Application must be sent accompanied with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1,000/- in favour of “Jaypee Institute of Information Technology” payable at Noida/ Delhi. OR
- You may also obtain an application form by sending a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- on the address given at point (ii) above or from the institute‟s counter by paying Rs. 1000/- in cash.
For more details, visit the official website www.jiit.ac.in