Jadavpur University Kolkata announces Admission to M Arch Program in Urban Design for Session 2023-24, Apply Now
Jadavpur University M Arch Admission 2023 in Urban Design – Jadavpur University, Kolkata has invited applications for admission to the Post-Graduate Degree Program M. Arch in Urban Design offered by Department of Architecture under Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET) for the session 2023-24. The M.Arch program is approved by the Council of Architecture (CoA). Candidates interested to pursue Architecture courses at Jadavpur University can check out details such as important date, eligibility, application process and more for Jadavpur University M Arch Admission 2023
- Application starts – Publication of Information Brochure on Website & online payment of Application Fee (Pl see Brochure for details): 29.09.2023
- Application closes (Pl see Brochure for details) 05.10.2023
- Publication of Schedule and List of candidates for Physical Document Verification for Categories A, B & C and Notice for Admission Test for Category B & Category C on Website: 06.10.2023
- Physical Document Verification for Categories A, B & C: 13.10.2023
- Publication of List of Eligible Candidates for Admission Test for Category B & C: 13.10.2023
- Publication of Merit List with Waiting List for Categories A, B & C & Admission Schedule: 17.10.2023
- Round 1 Admission Dates: Will be declared on the
- Category A: GATE – for candidates qualified through GATE and having a valid GATE score in terms of the validity period, the cut-off marks in the candidate’s respective reservation category, if any.
- Category B: Sponsored – for in-service professionals with a minimum experience, as stipulated in the eligibility condition, after passing the qualifying degree and duly sponsored by his/her employer.
- Category C: Self-Sponsored – for candidates satisfying minimum eligibility condition with or without valid GATE score for specified programme only and fulfilling other programme specific criteria, if any.
- Award of scholarships for GATE qualified candidates is not the responsibility of the University. There will be NO SCHOLARSHIP for candidates admitted under Category A (GATE).
- There will be NO SCHOLARSHIP for candidates admitted under category B (Sponsored) and category C (Self-Sponsored)
General Eligibility Criteria for all Three Categories
- Obtained Qualifying Degree (refer to Clause 2.3) with minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.75 in a scale of 10 (or 60% marks) for General Candidates including EWS Candidates; minimum GPA of 6.15 (or 54%) for OBC (both A & B) – Non-Creamy Layer Candidates and minimum GPA of 5.25 (or 45%) for SC / ST / PwD Candidates
- Candidates passing Membership / Associate Membership Examination in the appropriate discipline conducted by the Government of India approved professional body, namely, Indian Institute of Architects, with the same minimum GPA (or marks) as mentioned above (Clause 2.1.1) are also eligible for admission to this program.
Category wise Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates MUST have to also fulfil the following criteria, as applicable, over and above those mentioned under clause 2.1 Category A: GATE – Having a valid GATE score in terms of the validity period and the cut-off marks in the candidate’s respective reservation category, if any
- Category B: Sponsored – Being in service with a minimum of 1 (one) year experience in the relevant field and duly sponsored by his/her present employer for the entire duration of the program. The relevant experience shall be counted from the date of joining the job, but not earlier than the date of publication of the final result of the qualifying degree, till the last date of online SBI i-Collect Form submission
- Category C: Self-Sponsored – Candidates are allowed to apply under this category for this programme. Eligible self-sponsored candidates may be considered against vacant seats of both GATE and Sponsored category.
- Qualifying Degrees: Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Equivalent courses recognised by Council of Architecture (COA)
- The JU-FET admission portal is https://admissionju.jadavpuruniversity.in/fengadmission
- The fees structure for the Master of Architecture (Urban Design) Degree programme (along with categories) is as given in Table: 1.
- For any admission related query mails may be sent to [email protected], which will be entertained within office hours (10am to 6pm) on weekdays (Mon – Fri) only. No other mode of communication or communication to any other email will be entertained by the admission helpdesk.
- Applicants will have to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE Application Fee of Rs.500.00 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- Category A (GATE): No admission test.
- Category B (Sponsored) and C (Self-Sponsored): Admission Tests in offline mode will be conducted separately for this program, if any, with the following general guidelines.
- The test will be in MCQ format.
- There will be 25% negative marking for each question.
- The duration of the test will be for 1 hour.
- The detailed schedule and guideline of the tests will be published on the admission portal in due course of time.
- Preparation of Merit List: Category wise merit list shall be prepared as per following norms and the allotment of seats shall be according to the merit.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website