Institute for Social and Economic Change Bengaluru announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply Now
ISEC Bengaluru PhD Admission 2023 – The Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) Bengaluru announces admissions to PhD Program Full-Time (Residential) for students; Part Time (Non-Residential) for academicians and interested scholars for the session 2023
ISEC Bengaluru PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs Specializations
- The entrance test for ISEC Ph.D. programme will be conducted in the different disciplines mentioned below
- Economics: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Indian Economy, Public Economics, Monetary Economics, Public Finance, Basic Statistics, Basic Econometrics, International economics.
- Political Science: Indian Government and politics, Political theory, Indian political economy, Public policy, Political economy of development, Political sociology.
- Sociology: Social theory, Social stratification, Social movements, Religion and development, The middle class, Gender and sexuality, Family, Kinship and intimacies, Medical sociology, Urban sociology, Sociology of science and technology.
- Economics: Development economics, Indian economic history and thought, environmental studies, labour studies, monetary and fiscal policy
- Environmental Economics: Ecological Economics, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Economics
- Urban Studies: Urban environment, urban ecology, urban finance, urban governance, urban infrastructure, urban and regional economics and development, urban geography
- Applied Sociology: Social work, community development, study of science and technology, sociology of health and illness, urban and industrial sociology, labour studies, social policy
- Decentralisation and Development: Decentralised governance, public service delivery, and public economics, fiscal decentralisation, decentralisation and development, decentralised institutions
- Agriculture and Rural Development: Agriculture economics, production economics, agri-business and marketing, irrigation, agriculture reform and policy, rural transformation
- Last date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2023
- Intimation to the shortlisted candidates to appear for written test: 26th June 2023
- Written test followed by interview Written Test: 12th July 2023
- Interview: 13th July 2023
- Commencement of Course work for the selected candidates: 07th August 2023
- Full time (residential) for students and
- Part-time (non-residential) for those already in service
- Economics (Master’s Degree in Economics /Econometrics /Applied Economics): Those Scholars with interest in the following subjects may apply
- Applied Econometrics/ Micro and Macro Economics/ International Economics/Public Economics/ Energy Economics/Development Economics/ Natural Resource Economics
- Discipline in which Degree is Awarded : Ph.D. in Economics
- The Entrance Test will be conducted in Economics
- Political Science (MA in Political Science / Public Administration): The scholars once admitted will receive Ph.D. Degree in Political Science
- The Entrance Test will be conducted in Political Science
- Sociology (MA in Sociology / Social Anthropology / Social Work): The scholars once admitted will receive Ph.D. Degree in Sociology
- The Entrance Test will be conducted in Sociology
- Development Studies (Master’s Degree in any discipline): Those Scholars with interest in the following subjects may apply:
- Economics: development economics, Indian economic history and thought, environmental studies, labour studies, monetary and fiscal policy
- Environmental Economics, Ecological Economics, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Economics
- Urban studies, Urban environment, urban ecology, urban finance, urban governance, urban infrastructure, urban and regional economics and development, urban geography
- The prescribed application form can be downloaded (only on A4 size paper) from the ISEC Website http://www.isec.ac.in/phd-advt-2023.html
- The duly filled-in application form with all the relevant enclosures should be submitted along with the application fee in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, ISEC, Bangalore, payable at State Bank of India, ISEC Branch, Bangalore-72
- Candidates who are awaiting their second year PG results may also apply
- Screening: Preliminary screening of applications is done based on the eligibility criteria of the educational qualification of Masters degree. Candidates need to submit a research proposal in the related area of their interest in which they want to pursue their Ph.D.
- Selection: The candidates who qualify in the Written Test shall be eligible for Centre Level Interaction followed by Institute Level Interview.
- The duly constituted Selection Committee shall do the final selection.
- Reservation Policy: All India reservation rules (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST category) are followed by ISEC for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates who have passed UGC JRF are paid the fellowship as per the UGC norms, upon receipt of fellowship grant from UGC
- Rs.10000/- p.m. without any contingency
- Two Years – Rs.20,000/- pm
- Fourth Year – Rs. 10000/- p.m. from internal sources without any contingency
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website