Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (IDSK) announce admission to MPhil and PhD Program in Development Studies 2020
Institute of Development Studies MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 – Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (IDSK), an ICSSR-recognized institute invites applications for admission to the MPhil and PhD Programs in Development Studies for the year 2020. The programmes are affiliated to the University of Calcutta.
Also See : M.Phil Admission
- The Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (IDSK), the Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (IDSK), an autonomous centre of excellence in social sciences, fully funded by the Government of West Bengal, was established in 2002 as a registered society with a governing body comprising eminent scholars and government representatives. The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) recognised IDSK under the ‘New Category of ICSSR recognised Institutes’.
- IDSK is devoted to advanced academic research and informed policy advice in the areas of education, health, gender, employment, technology, communication, natural resource governance, population displacement, human sciences and economic development.
- The Institute is committed to dissemination of its research findings through scientific publications, public reports, workshops, seminars, publications in the media, and other public counselling and education programme. IDSK has been conducting MPhil in Development Studies since 2006 and PhD in Development Studies since 2016, under the auspices of the University of Calcutta.
Also See : Phd Admission
- The MPhil Programmes in Development Studies is multidisciplinary in nature, and designed to provide an understanding of various perspectives on development issues, through rigorous coursework and guided research. The perspectives are drawn from different disciplines, with a strong emphasis on the classics in social sciences and humanities.
- Duration: The duration of the entire program is two years (four semesters), equally divided between coursework and guided research for writing dissertation.
- The PhD programme in Development Studies, introduced in 2016, is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The programme conforms to the pattern of the existing PhD programmes run by the University and is guided by the University of Calcutta Regulations for PhD, 2016.
IDSK MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application: 9th September 2019
Also See : Admission Notifications
Eligibility Criteria for IDSK MPhil and PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates with MA/ MSc/ MCom or an equivalent degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC) in aggregate or its equivalent grade points are eligible to apply for both the programmes.
IDSK MPhil and PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application forms are available from IDSK office/online www.idsk.edu.in
- Completed applications along with relevant documents should be sent through registered/speed post/courier to The Director, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, DD 27/D Salt Lake, Kolkata-700064 by 9 September 2019.
For more details, please visit website www.idsk.edu.in
Institute of Development Studies Kolkata
Salt Lake Campus 27/D, DD Block, Sector I, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700064, (A Centre of Excellence in Social Sciences funded by the Government of West Bengal), Tel: +91 (33) 2321 3120/21, Email. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.idsk.edu.in