Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-InStem) announces admission to Doctoral Program (PhD) Mid-Term Entry 2023
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine PhD Admission 2024 – The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-InStem), an autonomous research institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, invites online applications from enthusiastic candidates for admission to the Doctoral Program (PhD) program (the mid-term entry) 2023. DBT-inStem is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to studying stem cells and regenerative biology with a translational emphasis. Check more details on Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine PhD Admission 2024 from the post given below.
- Website opens for online submission of applications – 15-09-2023
- Last date to submit online applications – 18-10-2023 (website will close at 5pm IST on 18.10.2023)
- PhD interviews will be in Nov 2023 (date to be announced)
- Start date of the PhD session: 02 January 2024
- Our current research themes include the following:
- Cardiovascular development and disease mechanisms
- Chemical biology approaches for stem cells and therapeutics
- Mechanisms regulating barrier tissue homeostasis
- Modelling neurodevelopment and disease and
- Metabolic regulation of cell fate.
- All applicants must satisfy the following minimal eligibility criteria in order to apply for this program.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree from a recognized institution in any area of science and technology, or a Bachelor of Medicine or Technology or an equivalent degree from a recognized University or institution. The minimum qualifying marks will be at least 55% in their highest University examination.
- Candidates must have qualified for a currently valid (as of 02 January 2024) Research Fellowship from one or more of the following agencies: DBT/ CSIR / UGC / ICMR / DST INSPIRE only. This fellowship must be activated if an admitted student accepts and joins the Ph.D. program. Other qualifications will not be considered.
- Over six months of laboratory research experience is desirable.
- Eligible candidates who meet the screening committee’s shortlisting criteria will be interviewed for selection in Nov 2022 (dates to be announced).
- Reservation policy will be followed as per Govt. of India norms
- The differently-abled (with a minimum 40% disability) candidates are required to submit a certificate from authorized Medical Doctors/ Hospitals indicating the extent of physical disability.
- To apply for the program, interested candidates may log in to the DBT-inStem website – https://www.instem.res.in and use the advertised link at https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal/instem-midterm-2023-phd-program to apply and upload all documents including degree certificates, NET qualifications, research write-up, publications (if any)
- All applications are online only. Candidates need to upload their eligibility documents, and also complete and submit a brief, 2-page original research idea in a relevant area of their interest, which will be evaluated as part of the screening criteria.
Application Fee* (Only Online):
- UR & OBC Candidates – Rs.354/- (₹300/- plus 18% GST)
- Bank/ Transaction Charges are to be borne by the candidate
- Exemption from Payment of Application Fee: As per the prevailing guidelines of the Govt. of India, (i) SC/ST community (ii) Women and PwD category of any community are exempted from Application Fees
- Payment of Application Fee: To be paid online using a Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI. Application Fees paid by the candidates who have not submitted their application, or whose application is not shortlisted will not be refunded
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website