Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) Mumbai announces M.Sc (Economics) and PhD (Development Studies) Admission 2023, Apply now
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research M.Sc and PhD Admission 2023 – Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai invites application for admission to 2-years M.Sc. (Economics) and 4-years PhD (Development Studies) Program for the academic year 2023.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research M.Sc and PhD Admission 2023
- Commencement of Online Registration of Application: 06-March 2023
- Closure of Registration of Application: 21st April 2023
- Online Fee Payment: 21st April 2023
- Hall Ticket / Admit Card can be downloaded: 29 April 2023
- Date of IGIDR- Computer Based Test: 06 May 2023
- Date of IGIDR- Interview for MSc (Economics) and Ph.D.: Third /Fourth week of June 2023
- Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:
- B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/ B.Tech. B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
Ph.D. (Development Studies)
- Minimum qualification for admission to the Ph.D.programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:
- M.A./M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat./ M.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research) MBA/M.Tech./ M.E./B.Tech./ B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
- Candidates can fill the application form online through the official website www.igidr.ac.in
- Before registering their applications on the website, candidates should possess a valid email id. In case, the candidate does not have a valid e-mail id, he/ she will have to create a new email id before applying online.
- Candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificate/Marksheets/identity proof & PAN Card.
- For General Category – Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST/PD/Other BC (non-creamy layer)/EWS – Rs.100/-
Mode of Payment
- Payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an online test and an interview.
- The Online test for M.Sc. will emphasize general aptitude, analytical ability, and mathematical skills at appropriate levels. In addition, M.Sc. students will have to answer a section either on Economics or Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- PhD. students will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.25,000/- (to be revised) in the first two years
- Those students, who fulfill the terms and conditions for PhD registration, will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.35,000/- (to be revised) after PhD registration in the third year.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website