IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Program Admission 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Application Process
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to the Master of Technology (M.Tech) by Research Programs for the academic session starting in July 2022.
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2022
Categories for M.Tech by Research
- M.Tech by Research program is offered in following categories
M.Tech Program Offered
- The details of the programs offered by Dept. and disciplines are as follows:
- Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering : Chemical & Biochemical Engineering ( For Part-time/Sponsored /Project staff category)
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering : Computer Science & Engineering (For Project staff only)
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Start Date of On-line fee submission : 29th March 2022
- Closing Date of On-line fee submission : 20th April 2022
- Last Date for receipt of completed Application Forms by post (with enclosures) : 27th April 2022
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or First Class in the qualifying degree, fulfilling specific requirements for different disciplines, as indicated below:
- M.Tech by Research in Chemical & Biochemical Engineering : For Part-time/Sponsored: B. Tech. /B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Eng. and allied with two years of experience
- M.Tech by Research in Computer Science & Engineering : Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / MSc /MCA or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc) with valid GATE score in CS only.
- M.Tech by Research in Electrical Engineering:
- For Project Staff category: B.E/B.Tech in Electrical, or Electronics Engineering or AMIE or equivalent degree with valid GATE scores in EE or ECE.
- For sponsored category: B.E/B.Tech in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or AMIE or equivalent degree with two years of experience.
- For part time category: B.E/B.Tech in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or AMIE or equivalent degree with minimum 2 years of working experience
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply through the official website: https://www.iitp.ac.in/
- Candidates are required to submit applications offline. They should use the form available in the IIT Patna website at the following link: https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- After the payment, a reference/journal number will be generated, which must be mentioned in the application form and the printed e-receipt of payment must be enclosed along with the application form.
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the following address to reach latest by 27.04.2022.
- The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District – Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106.
- No application shall be received after the last date. The candidates are advised to post the application along with the required documents well in advance as the institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- The application must be complete in all respects, along with all documents, including e-receipt of payment.
- For GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL Category: Rs. 300/- for male (Rs 150/- for Female)
- For SC/ST/PwD Category for male & female: Rs 150/-
- Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect
- Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates. Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. Personal interviews will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering and relevant areas.
- For Sponsored/ Part-time applicants, GATE score is not mandatory. Selection of Sponsored/ Part-time applicants candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
For more details & apply online, please visit the official website
- M Tech Entrance Exams 2022
- Admission Notifications and Dates 2022
- Engineering Entrance Exam Notifications 2022