Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna announces Admission to M.Tech by Research Program for July 2021 Session
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to the Master of Technology (M.Tech) by Research Programs for the academic session starting in July 2021.
Read further for more details on IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2021
Categories for M.Tech by Research
M.Tech by Research program is offered in following categories
M.Tech Program Offered
The details of the programs offered by Dept. and disciplines are as follows:
- Dept. of Chemical & Biochemical Eng – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Dept. of Computer Science & Eng – Computer Science & Engineering
- Dept. of Electrical Eng – Power System Engineering and Control System
- ( For Part-time/Sponsored category)
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date of On-line Application : 07th April 2021
- Closing Date of On-line Application : 27th April 2021
- Last Date for receipt of completed Application Forms by post (with enclosures): 03rd May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2021
- Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or First Class in the qualifying degree, fulfilling specific requirements for different disciplines, as indicated below
M.Tech by Research in Chemical & Biochemical Eng
- For Project Category: B.Tech./B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering and allied with valid GATE score in CH/BT/MT/PE/TF/XE
- For Sponsored/ Part-time: B. Tech. /B.E. degree or equivalent in Chemical, Biochemical Eng. and allied with two years of experience
M.Tech by Research in Computer Science & Eng.:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / MSc /MCA or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc) with valid GATE score in CS only.
M.Tech by Research in Electrical Engineering:
- Power System Engineering and Control System – B.E/B.Tech in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or AMIE or equivalent degree with two years of experience/working experience.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech by Research Program of the Institute shall have to possess a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC/EWS categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination.Candidates should note that if both CPI/CGPA and percentage are indicated in transcript/marksheet of the qualifying degree then only CPI/CGPA shall be taken into account for determining eligibility.
IIT Patna M.Tech by Research Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply through the official website https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- Candidates are required to submit applications offline. They should use the form available in the IIT Patna website at the following link: https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- After the payment, a reference/journal number will be generated, which must be mentioned in the application form and the printed e-receipt of payment must be enclosed along with the application form.
- The link for payment will remain active till 27.04.2021.
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the address-The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District – Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106”. to reach latest by 03.05.2021.
- No application shall be received after the last date, i.e. 03.05.2021.The candidates are advised to post the application along with the required documents well in advance as the institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- The application must be complete in all respects, along with all documents, including e-receipt of payment.
- For GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL Category :- Rs 300/- (Rs 150/- for Female)
- For SC/ST/PwD Category :- Rs 150/- (Rs 150/ for Female)
- The application fee should be submitted very carefully online through SBI Collect. The link for payment is also given in the online application system. Application fee shall not be refunded.
- Selection is based on performance in GATE and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates. Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. Personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering and relevant areas.
- For sponsored/ Part-time applicants, GATE score is not mandatory. Selection of sponsored/ Part-time applicants candidates is based on performance in Written Test and/or Personal Interview of short-listed candidates.
For more details & apply online, please visit the official website