Indian Institute of Technology Madras announces Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Data Science and Applications Admission 2023, Apply now
IIT Madras BS Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras invites application for admission to 4-year Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Data Science and Applications for the academic session for the January 2023 Batch.
IIT Madras BS Admission 2023
- Next Batch Qualifier Applications – OPEN
- Next Batch Qualifier Applications Close – 15 January 2023
- Next Qualifier Phase Week 1 Starts – 20 January 2023
- Qualifier Results: TBD
- Registration Opens (only if cleared Qualifier Exam) : TBD
- Re-attempt Qualifier Opens : TBD
- Registration Closes: TBD
- Re-attempt Qualifier Closes: TBD
- Re-attempt Qualifier Exam (re-attempt fee applies) : TBD
- Re-attempt Qualifier Results: TBD
- Registration Opens (if cleared re-attempt): TBD
- Anyone who has passed Class 12 or equivalent can apply irrespective of age or academic background. Those who qualify can join the program immediately. View list of accepted class 12 equivalents.
- School students who have appeared for their Class 11 final exams can apply irrespective of their group/stream/board. Those who qualify can join the program after passing Class 12.
- Regular Entry: All candidates, irrespective of their backgrounds, can earn admission to the Foundation Level by successfully completing the qualifier process. See details below
- JEE-based Entry: Candidates eligible to appear for the most recent JEE Advanced are directly admitted to the Foundation Level.
Eligibility to appear for the qualifier exam (regular entry):
- In each course, the average of the best 2 out of the first 3 assignment scores will be calculated. Only those who get the minimum required average assignment scores in all four courses (as given below) will be allowed to appear for the Qualifier Exam
SC / ST / PwD with 40% disability
PwD with 40% disability & SC / ST
OBC-NCL / EWS
- Note: Relaxations in pass criteria indicated for various categories of learners is applicable ONLY for the qualifier process. There will be no relaxations in terms of grades / pass criteria once registered into the program.
- Applications for the next batch starting January 2023 are now open (https://www.onlinedegree.iitm.ac.in/admissions.html). Apply now.
- Anyone who is eligible may apply by filling in the application form, uploading required documents and paying the application fee.
- General Category / OBC Applicant: Rs. 3000/-
- SC / ST Category / PwD (>= 40% disability ) Applicant: Rs. 1500/-
- SC / ST Category Applicant who is ALSO PwD (>= 40% disability ): Rs. 750/-
- All applicants for the Degree Program will have to go through the Qualifier Process.
- They will get access to 4 weeks of content for the four foundational level courses – English I, Mathematics for Data Science I, Statistics for Data Science I and Computational Thinking.
- Video content of 2 – 3 hours duration will be released for each course on a weekly basis.
- Along with the content, every week will also include an assignment for each course that needs to be completed and submitted online within the given deadline.
- Support for the learners is available through the discussion forum and live interactive sessions that will be conducted at regular intervals.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website