Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad announces Admission to PhD Program in Biotechnology 2022, Apply now
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission – Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated candidates for admission to the PhD program at the Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad for the academic session 2022.
- Dr Himanshu Joshi : Lipid-DNA interaction, DNA Nanotechnology, membrane spanning DNA nanostructure, Artificial water channels, Membrane fusion, Computational modeling of the Virion entry into the host cells, Biological nanopores.
- Dr. T. Rathinavelan : Molecular mechanism of diseases: multiomics approaches***, biomolecular interaction prediction***, microsatellite repeat expansion disorders, antimicrobial resistance, biomolecular NMR, molecular dynamics simulation.
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission Dates 2022
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date to apply : 28th February 2022
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- M.Tech in any allied areas of Life Sciences + a valid National level JRF qualification
- M.Sc in any allied areas of Life Sciences + a valid National level JRF qualification
- M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry + a valid National level JRF qualification
- B.Tech / BE (4 years) in any allied areas of Life Sciences + a valid National level JRF qualification MBBS + MD/MS + valid external fellowship
- B.Tech/BE (4 years)/ M.Sc /M.Tech in Computer Science + a valid National level JRF qualification
- General category: at least 63% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- OBC/EWS category: at least 62% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- SC/ST category: at least 60% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- Candidates with experience/interest in computational biology, data mining, machine learning/deep learning and molecular modeling will be given preference.
- Must have fellowship from external funding agency: Candidates with valid CSIR-NET-JRF/UGC-NET-JRF/DBT-JRF (Category-I) award or any other equivalent national level qualification for research fellowship (eg. DST-INSPIRE fellowship)
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission Application Process 2022
- Interested candidates can apply online by paying the fees through the link below: https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=372897 or https://biotech.iith.ac.in/
- After accepting the terms and conditions >> select the appropriate payment option >> pay the fee >> After successful payment, receipt will be generated.This PAYMENT RECEIPT must be submitted by the candidate.
- THE CANDIDATE SHOULD SEND THEIR COMPLETE CV (including date of birth, academic qualification and marks obtained), MARKS SHEET SCAN OF THE LAST QUALIFYING DEGREE, VALID JRF CERTIFICATE AND PAYMENT RECEIPT TO EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the criteria set by a shortlisting committee.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Selection to the PhD program will be based on the performance in the interview.
- Requests to change the interview date/time will not be entertained.
For more details and apply please visit the official website