Start-early PhD Fellowship 2020 for early entry to PhD Programs at IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Gandhinagar Start-early PhD Fellowship 2020 – IIT Gandhinagar Start-early PhD Fellowship 2020 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar announces admissions for the Start-early PhD Fellowship for 2020-21 session from eligible B.Tech final year students from IITs.
List of existing PhD Scholars
- IIT Gandhinagar recognizes the importance of creating opportunities for aspiring young learners to gain entry into the exciting arena of scientific research
- The Start Early PhD Fellowship of IITGN is conceived to meet this need. This full-time residential fellowship is designed to enable budding engineers to gain early entry into the PhD Programs at IIT Gandhinagar
- The objective of this Program is to put promising young undergraduate students from diverse disciplines on the fast-track mode of cutting edge technological research in order to prepare them to participate in the process of nation building
See: PHD Admission
- Application Form Submission Deadline 17th September 2019
- Announcement of short-list for written test and/or interview: 03rd October 2019
- Written Test and/or Interview: 19th to 20th October 2019
- Announcement of list of provisionally selected candidates: 15 November (tentative)
- Course Joining: July 2020
- B.Tech. students (Class of 2020) from NITs and other select colleges, who are among the top five rank holders in the department at the end of their third year (You may check with HOD/Director of your college to see if your college is included in the list of select colleges. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the eligibility).
- B.Tech. students (Class of 2020) from IITs with a CPI/CGPA of not less than 6.0 at the end of their third year.
- No GATE qualification requirement
- Rs. 35,000/- per month (with valid GATE score)
- Rs. 25,000/- per month (without GATE score)
- Earn a PhD degree directly after Bachelor’s degree
- Get generous financial support in terms of stipend and travel grants.
- A full time residential researcher (RR) Program
See: Scholarships in India
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cut off marks as per the norms.
- All applications must be submitted online www.iitgn.ac.in
- Application portal is currently open for admission to the Start Early PhD Program beginning in July 2020. Final year B.Tech. students (graduating in 2020) from select institutes are eligible to apply and all applications must be submitted online.
- Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and all the documentary evidence (copies of testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected
- There is NO application fee
- You NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form