IIT Gandhinagar announces MSc in Cognitive Science Admission 2020
IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to 2 years Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Cognitive Science Program for the Session July 2020.
About the M.Sc. Cognitive Sci. Program
- The objective of the Master’s Program is to offer students from different backgrounds, breadth of knowledge and research techniques in a wide range of areas in Cognitive Science
- The MSc Program will follow a structure of four semesters and registration during the summer in between. The total credits required for graduation would be 80. Basic framework of the curriculum will include the core courses, electives and a research project.
- List of Representative Courses are the following: Foundations of Cognitive science; Fundamentals of Cognitive Psychology; Computational models of Cognition; Philosophy of Mind, |Biology of Neural & Cognitive Processes; Cognition & Emotion; Perception & Experience; Attention and Perception; Human Computer Interaction & Affective Computing; Learning & Decision making; Computational Neuroscience; Neuroimaging Methods; Introduction to Paleo neuropsychology; Cognition and Culture – Anthropological Perspectives on the Human Mind; Learning and Memory; Behavioural Economics
|Last date for online Application
||25th January 2020
|Date of Entrance Test & Interviews
||22nd & 23th February 2020
- Students who have a Bachelor’s degree (e.g. B.A., B.Sc., B.Tech, BCom, MBBS) in any discipline with a minimum of 55% (5.5 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% (5.0 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree, are eligible to apply for admission to the Master’s program in Cognitive Science.
- Students who would be completing Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2019-2020 are also eligible to apply.
- The short-listing of the applications is based on the overall credentials (Marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements and aptitude for cognitive science. The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum. The committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2020
- Admission to MSc Program is offered on the basis of entrance test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for cognitive science. The written test will consist of comprehension type questions based on given passages, and statistical aptitude.
- The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, aptitude for cognitive science, written test and interview.
- The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic records without calling them for written test and/or interview.
- Test and interview will be held at IIT Gandhinagar.
- Eligible candidates admitted to MSc Cognitive Science program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program.
- Institute encourages MSc students to present their research work at national and international conferences, and provides travel scholarships of up to Rs. 60000/- to such students.
- All applications must be submitted online www.iitgn.ac.in.
- Candidates NEED NOT send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is NO application fee.
- The candidates appearing for the Test/Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1000/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.250/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
- IITG Ahmedabad – Centre for Cognitive Science, Vishwakarma Engineering College Complex, Chandkheda, Visat-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382424 (Gujarat), Tel.: +91-93284-74222, Email: email@example.com, Website www.iitgn.ac.in