IIT Gandhinagar announces MSc in Cognitive Science Admission 201 (July)
IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2021– Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to 2 years Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Cognitive Science Program for the Academic Session July 2021.
Read on for more details on IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2021
About the M.Sc. Cognitive Sci. Program
|The objective of the Master’s Program is to offer students from different backgrounds, breadth of knowledge and research techniques in a wide range of areas in Cognitive Science. The MSc Program will follow a structure of four semesters and registration during the summer in between. The total credits required for graduation would be 80. Basic framework of the curriculum will include the core courses, electives and a research project.|
IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Application Deadline||15th January 2021|
|Date of Online Admission Test:||28th February 2021|
|Date of Online Interviews||01st to 03rd March 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2021
- Students who have a Bachelor’s degree (e.g. B.A., B.Sc., B.Tech, BCom, MBBS) in any discipline with a minimum of 55% (5.5 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% (5.0 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree, are eligible to apply for admission to the Master’s program in Cognitive Science.
- The students who are awaiting final semester/year results and those who would be completing a Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2020-2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Students who would be completing a Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2019-2020 are also eligible to apply.
- The short-listing of the applications is based on the overall credentials (Marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements and aptitude for cognitive science. The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum. The committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. in Cognitive Science Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website http://cogs.iitgn.ac.in/ & https://admissions.iitgn.ac.in/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Candidates need not send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish a hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is No application fee.
- Admission to MSc Program is offered on the basis of entrance test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for cognitive science. The written test will consist of comprehension type questions based on given passages, and statistical aptitude. There is no prescribed syllabus of any subject for the written test. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, aptitude for cognitive science, written test and interview.
- The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic records without calling them for a written test and/or interview.
- Tests and interviews will be held online. The interview will primarily test your aptitude for Cognitive science and your understanding of subjects studied at undergraduate level.
- Eligible candidates admitted to MSc Cognitive Science program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program.
- Institute encourages MSc students to present their research work at national and international conferences, and provides travel scholarships of up to Rs. 60000/- to such students.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website