IIT Gandhinagar announces Admission to MA in Society and Culture Program for Session 2021
IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to 2-years Master of Arts in Society and Culture (MASC) program for the session 2021.
Admission to MA Program at IIT Gandhinagar will be on the basis of entrance test and interview. The limited number of candidates will be invited for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for graduate study in the humanities and social sciences.
About M.A. in Society and Culture Program
|The Masters in Society and Culture, a unique program conceptualized and implemented by the faculty at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (since 2013) has a specific goal of providing to students (from any disciplinary background) breadth and focus in the key disciplines within the Humanities and Social Sciences. It does so by providing fundamental learning, debates, and methods in the disciplines of literature, sociology, anthropology, political science and history.|
IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Last Date for submission of Online Application||15th January 2021|
|Date of Online Admission Test:||28th February 2021|
|Date of Online Interviews||01st to 03rd March 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2021
- The minimum criterion to apply is a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CPI/GPA).
- The students who are awaiting final semester/year results and those who would be completing a Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2020-2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility requirements for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be in accordance with the Supreme Court guidelines.
- The short-listing of the applications will be based on the overall credentials (marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements, and aptitude for the study of society and culture, etc).
IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://admissions.iitgn.ac.in/loginindex.php & http://hss.iitgn.ac.in/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Candidates need not send the hard copy of the application form. However, candidates need to furnish a hard copy of the application form with a photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience, and research/professional experience) at the time of the interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is No application fee.
- Admission to MA Program is offered on the basis of entrance test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for graduate study in the humanities and social sciences.
- The final selection will be based on all of the above, viz., academic records, aptitude for graduate studies, written test, and interview.
- The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic records without calling them for a written test and/or interview.
- Eligible candidates admitted to the M.A. program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website