IIT Gandhinagar announce admission to MA in Society and Culture Program 2020
IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to 2 years Master of Arts in Society and Culture (MASC) program for the session 2020.
Admission to MA Program at IIT Gandhinagar will be on the basis of entrance test and interview. The limited number of candidates will be invited for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for graduate study in the humanities and social sciences.
M.A. in Society and Culture Program
- The Masters in Society and Culture, a unique program conceptualized and implemented by the faculty at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (since 2013) has a specific goal of providing to students (from any disciplinary background) breadth and focus in the key disciplines within the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- It does so by providing fundamental learning, debates, and methods in the disciplines of literature, sociology, anthropology, political science and history.
- List of core and specialized track courses to provide a view into the nature and scope of the program:
- Perspectives in History, Perspectives on Politics, Critical Approaches to Anthropology and Sociology, Perspectives on Indian Civilization, Theoretical Perspectives in Literary Studies, Research Methods in Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Literature & Society Track Electives (Indicative): Reading English in English Classical Indian Literature, India Through the Writer’s Eye, World literature and Readings from Bengal, South Asia through Literature.
- History & Politics Track Electives (Indicative): History of Modern India (1930-1964) Paradox of Indian Democracy, Social History of Dissent Mobs, Crowds and Citizens: Democracy and Mass Mobilisation in India, Global Poverty and Developmental Aid.
- Introduction to Demography: Population Measures and Social Processes, Global Poverty & Development Aid, Disease, Health & Inequality, Human Development: Theory, Measures and Policies, Education in Modern India: History, Policies & Process of Reforms, Theories of social epidemiology.
||25th January 2020
|Admission Test and Interview Dates
||22nd & 23rd February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2020
- The minimum criterion to apply is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CPI/GPA). Please note that meeting the minimum application criterion will not guarantee admission to the program. The students who are awaiting final semester/year results and those who would be completing a Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2018-2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility requirements for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be in accordance with the Supreme Court guidelines.
- The short-listing of the applications will be based on the overall credentials (marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements, and aptitude for the study of society and culture, etc). The eligibility criteria mentioned above are minimum expectations and the committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
See: Admission Notification and Dates 2020
Selection Procedure for IIT Gandhinagar MA in Society and Culture Admission 2020
- Admission to MA Program is offered on the basis of entrance test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for graduate study in the humanities and social sciences.
- The final selection will be based on all of the above, viz., academic records, aptitude for graduate studies, written test, and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic records without calling them for written test and/or interview.
- Test and interview will be held at IIT Gandhinagar.
- Eligible candidates admitted to the M.A. program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program.
- Travel Scholarships: The Institute encourages M.A. students to present their research work at national and international conferences and provides travel scholarships of up to Rs. 60,000/- to such students.
IIT Gandhinagar MA Admission 2020 Application Procedure
- All applications must be submitted online. To apply online for MA in Society and Culture 2020: https://admissions.iitgn.ac.in/loginindex.php
- Candidates need not send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish a hard copy of the application form with a photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience, and research/professional experience) at the time of the interview.
- The candidates appearing for the Test/Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs. 750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1000/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.250/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is NO application fee.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar
Centre for Cognitive Science, IIT Gandhinagar, Vishwakarma Engineering College Complex, Chandkheda, Visat-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382424 (Gujarat), Tel.: +91-93284-74222, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iitgn.ac.in