Indian Institute of Science Education and Research announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
IISER Bhopal PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD Programs in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24. The graduated PhD students of IISER Bhopal are positioned in reputed Research and Postdoc positions in India and abroad. Some of them opted for Academia/Teaching positions also. Interested candidates can check more details on IISER Bhopal PhD Admission 2023 such as important dates, eligibility, application process, fee, etc. from the post given below.
IISER Bhopal PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs offered (For National and International Students)
- Natural Sciences Stream : Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Physics.
- Engineering Sciences Stream : Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Data Science and Engineering.
- Humanities and Social Science Stream : Economic Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (Philosophy)
- Application Process : On going
- Last date for submission of the online application is : 16th October 2023
- 1. Master’s or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology
- 2. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology
- 3. Master’s or equivalent degree in science
- 5. Master’s or equivalent degree in Arts/Commerce (or allied subjects)
- Minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not just in the majoring subject).
- A relaxation of 10% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories and 5% to OBC-NCL/EWS.
For qualifying degree listed under (2), (3) & (4), candidates must also fulfill anyone of the following additional requirements:
- Valid GATE score
- Selected through National Eligibility Test – UGC NET /CSIR/NBHM etc. including lectureship (Assistant Professorship)
- Selected through a National level examination conducted by MHRD or its agencies /Institutions such as UGC/ IIT/ IISc./ IISER/ IIIT etc.
- Selected provisionally for the DST-INSPIRE Fellowship (provisional award letter to be produced)
- Those with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10 point scale.
- Preferably not more than 28 years. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- Upper age limit shall be determined as on the last date of online submission of applications. Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate/Aadhar Card only will be accepted by the IISER Bhopal for determining the age.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website www.iiserb.ac.in
- Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready. Please read the department-wise eligibility criteria carefully.
- The applicants should open the link (https://www.iiserb.ac.in/doaa/phd-admission) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of the interview if you are shortlisted.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email only.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website.
- TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website