International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM) announces Admission to PG Diploma Programs 2019
IIMM PG Diploma Admission 2019 – International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM) invites applications for admission to various Postgraduate Diploma Courses in Print Journalism, Radio and TV Journalism and Advertising and Public Relations for the academic year 2019-20 through and entrance exam.
- PG Diploma in English Journalism
- PG Diploma in Hindi Journalism 68 IIMC New Delhi
- PG Diploma in Radio & TV Journalism (Bilingual – English & Hindi)
- PG Diploma in Advertising & PR Bilingual – English & Hindi)
- PG Diploma in Urdu Journalism
- PG Diploma in Odia Journalism
- PG Diploma in Marathi Journalism
- PG Diploma in Malayalam Journalism
See: Journalism Admission
IIMM PG Diploma Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of online form: 12th May 2019
- Entrance Exam Date: 25th and 26th May 2019
- Group Discussion and Interview: Last week of June or the first week of July 2019
- Course Commencement: Last Week of July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIMM PG Diploma Admission 2019
- Indian nationals possessing a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by a recognized university are eligible to apply.
- Students who have appeared / are appearing for a degree examination are also eligible to apply. If selected, their admission will be subject to their producing at least a provisional certificate in original from their college / university latest by 31 August 2019.
- General category candidates should be born on 1.8.1994 or later. For SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates, the date is 1.8.1989 or later. For OBC category, it is 1.8.1991 or later
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- The selection of candidates will be based on essential qualification and merit basis of combined marks obtained in the Written Test, Group Discussion and Personality Test.
Written Test Pattern
The written test will be for 75 marks. Candidates will be judged on the following parameters.
- General Awareness, including an understanding of the current trends in social-political dynamics, social-cultural history, legal and Constitutional provisions, Rights of Citizens Developmental issues – health, education, ecology and economy, Global developments and their impact on India.
- Aptitude and mental make up
- Language skills : written and oral
- Analytical and comprehension skills
- Ethics and values
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
- Brand awareness and recall (for Advertising & PR)
Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who appear in the written examination will be ranked course wise and category-wise on the basis of the marks obtained.
- All the candidates declared successful in the written test will be called for Group Discussion and Interview in the last week of June or the first week of July 2019 at IIMC New Delhi at their own expense. Group Discussion and Interview for Malayalam, Marathi, Odia and Urdu will be held at IIMC Kottayam, IIMC Amravati, IIMC Dhenkanal and IIMC New Delhi respectively.
- Group Discussion carries 10 marks and aims to assess candidate’s ability to absorb and understand an issue, clarity of his / her own thoughts, views and opinions, besides judging his/her ability to communicate with people.
- Interview carries 15 marks in which the candidate is encouraged to interact with a panel of experts drawn from the fields of academics, media industry professionals. Candidates are encouraged to carry their portfolio of work, although this is not mandatory.
- There is provision for financial support to needy students. Half/quarter freeship are available for each PG Diploma Course on merit-cum-means basis at Delhi and Regional Campuses. The Merit shall be determined on the basis of the first semester examination results and attendance.
- For the purpose of applying for freeship, the Annual Household Income reflected in the application form should be supported by income certificate from requisite authorities.
See: Latest Entrance Exam
IIMM PG Diploma Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidates have to apply online at www.iimc.gov.in by filling up the correct application form and by paying the entrance examination fees through the payment gateway link provided on the site.
- Candidates can apply for multiple courses.
- They can submit one Application Form for either Hindi Journalism or English Journalism as the written entrance examination and question paper will be common for both the courses.
- Similarly, the candidates can submit one Application Form for either Malayalam Journalism / Marathi Journalism / Odia Journalism / Urdu Journalism. The written entrance examination for above courses will be conducted simultaneously.
- Separate application forms should be filled up for Radio & TV Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations Courses.
- Candidates should read all the instructions given in the application form carefully before filling up and submitting their forms. The last date for submitting applications online is 12 May 2019.
- Candidates, whose applications have been successfully submitted will receive a Unique Registration Number (URN), which can be used for accessing and downloading their admit card. Course wise and centre wise roll number shall be allotted to each candidate, which should be quoted for all future admission related issues
Fees for Entrance Examination
- The fee for Entrance Examination is Rs 1,500 for each course for General Category and Rs 1,000 for OBC / SC/ST/PH/EWS category.
For more information visit the official website: http://iimc.gov.in