Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sirmaur announce Admission to PhD Program 2020
IIM Sirmaur PhD Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh invites application for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2020.
About the Programme
- Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur offers full-time residential Ph.D. (FPM) programme in various areas of specializations in the field of management studies. The Ph.D. programme aims to fulfill the following objectives:
- To train doctoral participants to undertake rigorous research in their respective areas of specialization and thereby contribute to the advancement of management education and research
- To prepare scholars for universities, management schools, research institutions and other organizations where advanced research capabilities are required
- To be recognized among the leading research institutions in the world in the field of management and related areas
- To promote indigenous research that addresses real problems of community and policy management.
Areas of Specializations
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management
- Operations Management & Decision Sciences
- IT & Systems
- Strategic Management
IIM Sirmaur PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Online Application Process: Ongoing
- Last Date for submission of application form: 20th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Sirmaur PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates should have:
- A Master’s Degree with 55 percent marks (preceded by Bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern with 60 percent marks (OR)
- A 5 year Integrated Master’s Degree with at least 55 percent marks (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline (OR)
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent marks (OR)
- A 4 year / 8 semester’s Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 6.5 CGPA.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by their respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying Programmes that would make them eligible can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by month of June (in the academic year in which admission takes place) from the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute.
- IIM Sirmaur follows Govt. of India norms of reservation.
- Based on the information provided by the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective Areas) and called to Sirmaur for an area specific written test and / or interview.
- Candidates will be admitted to the programme based on a combination of multiple parameters, as specified by the respective areas. Parameters may include applicant’s performance in CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF (NET) score, past academic performance, work experience, area specific test and / or interview performance etc.
- CAT 2018 & 2019 is valid for 2020 Ph.D. Admission at IIM Sirmaur. Alternatively, those who have GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR) taken during the last two years will be considered valid for 2020 Admission.
- There is no tuition fee for PhD students. Additionally, they will receive a stipend of Rs 30,000 per month for 5 years to cover their living expenses. The stipend is conditional on satisfactory progress during the duration. Students are required to be in attendance on a full-time basis and devote all their time to course- work and research, and are also required to provide teaching and research assistance. Other financial support made available to students include:
- Start-up grant (in Year 1) of Rs 60,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5) of Rs 25,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Post-Proposal stipend increment: Rs. 2,000 i.e. Rs 32,000 as stipend per month.
- HRA for those who live off-campus, monthly: Rs. 5000
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000 per year from 1st year to 5th year (to be provided as per actuals and guidelines applicable).
- International Conference grants of Rs 2, 00,000 over 5 years (to be provided as per actuals and guidelines applicable).
IIM Sirmaur PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme are required to fill the online Application Form from www.iimsirmaur.ac.in
- A fee of Rs. 1000/- is payable for the application process.
- A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Thursday, 20th February 2020 up to 23:59:59 hours.
- The applicant shall follow the following guidelines while applying for Ph.D. programme 2020.
- Applications submitted through any other mode except online application shall be summarily rejected.
- Incomplete applications or applications with wrong information shall be summarily rejected at any stage of the process.
- The applicant must provide the correct and valid email id and mobile number.
- Please note that the mailing address and email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- Giving false information will affect your candidature negatively if you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Please note that mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications will not make a candidate eligible for admissions into Ph.D. 2020.
- Your complete online application should include:
- Personal details
- Educational qualification
- Standard test score details
- Employment history & References
- Academic Achievements
- Statement of Purpose
- Payment of application fee (as applicable)
For further details, please visit the website www.iimsirmaur.ac.in
IIM Sirmapur Himachal Pradesh
Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur, Rampur Ghat Road, Paonta Sahib, Distt. – Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, Pin: 173025, Tel: +91 7832901802, Mob. No. +91 7018139947, Email: email@example.com, website www.iimsirmaur.ac.in