> IIM Raipur
> IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
IIM Raipur announces admission to PostGraduate Programme (PGP) in Management 2019-21
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur announces admission for Post Graduate Programme in Management for the academic year 2019-21
IIM Raipur has announced the PGP 2019 shortlisting and final admission criteria with all the weightage components
Also See : Admission Notifications
- IIM Raipur reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cut offs mentioned at any time till the actual admission process for the batch is completed.
- The basic objective of IIM Raipur’s admission process is to identify meritorious candidates for admission under each category of admission, viz., General, NC-OBC, SC, ST and DAP.
- IIM Raipur PGP 2019-21 batch size is expected to have 240 students.
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019 Dates
- Registration: 14th & 15th June 2019 (Friday & Saturday)
- Preparatory Classes Starting: 17th June 2019 (Monday)
- Preparatory Classes Ending: 27th June 2019 (Friday)
- Orientation Starting: 28th June 2019 (Friday)
- Orientation Ending: 29th June 2019 (Saturday)
- Classes Commencement: 01st July 2019 (Monday)
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019
- IIM Raipur Eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration after class 12, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%
- One of the most important points in IIM Raipur Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should appear in CAT 2018 exam and must score minimum prescribed sectional and overall score to be considered for shortlisting
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGP admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IIM Raipur by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IIM Raipur Admission 2019-21. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the principal/head of the department/ registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
- The deadline to submit the mark-sheet and the certificate is December 31, 2019
- The second part of IIM Raipur Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before Personal Appearance (PA) round. IIM Raipur will shortlist the candidates on the basis of CAT 2018 score, and other parameters for final selection round as under:
- The shortlisting for final selection round in IIM Raipur Admission Criteria awards maximum weight to CAT 2018 score.
- The candidate must have scored minimum sectional percentile of 80 in each of the three sections of CAT 2018 – Quantitative Aptitude’ (QA), ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning’ (DILR) and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension’ (VRC)
- A candidate must have scored minimum overall percentile of 95 in CAT 2018
- If the candidate does not score minimum prescribed percentile in CAT 2018, he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for final selection stage.
- All the Candidates shortlisted by IIM Raipur for PA process will have to attend both WAT and PI which will be a Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019 for all the participating IIMs and is coordinated by IIM Ranchi
IIM Raipur Admission Cut Off
- IIM Raipur CAT 2018 score Cut off has been liberalised for admission 2019. Only the candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2018 sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2018 will be considered for shortlisting for all the subsequent stages:
- a) General = QA – 80, DILR – 80, VRC – 80, Total Overall – 95
- b) NC-OBC = QA – 60, DILR – 60, VRC – 60, Total Overall – 78
- c) SC = QA – 50, DILR – 50, VRC – 50, Total Overall – 60
- d) ST = QA – 30, DILR – 30, VRC – 30, Total Overall – 40
- e) DAP = QA – 30, DILR – 30, VRC – 30, Total Overall – 40
Minimum CAT Cut off: Relaxation is Possible
- Actual CAT 2018 score Cut-Off Criteria shall be decided later in the meeting of Directors of participating IIMs to be held in January 2019. It is possible that actual cut off may go up or come down.
- Only the candidates meeting the cut-off criteria would be considered for shortlisting. The minimum requirement to be fulfilled by the candidates for being considered for shortlisting for WAT and PI is CAT 2018 cut off with 80 sectional and 95 overall percentile
Selection Process for IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Personal Appearance (PA) round for admission to IIM Raipur
- Final Selection Round for IIM Raipur Admission consists of Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT)
- The final selection PA round for IIM Raipur Admission will be common for the IIMs who are participating in the Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019. IIM Ranchi is coordinating CAP 2019.
- The scores obtained by the candidate in WAT & PI of CAP 2019 would be considered for preparing the final merit list
- IIM Raipur selection criteria after final admission round award a weight of 35 per cent to CAT 2018 Score (Scaled to 100); 30% weight to Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT); 35% wright to Past Academic performance, Diversity and Work experience
- Minimum cut off may be applied to WAT & PI components. Candidates who do not obtain certain minimum scores in the WAT & PI will no
Final Selection Criteria Weights for Admission 2019
- Following are the key components and weightage to each area which will be awarded while preparing final merit list for admission:
- AT 2018 Score = 35
- CAT Score to be used and not the CAT Percentile
- Personal Interview (PI) = 25
- Obtained Score in CAP used in Final Merit List
- Written Analysis Test (WAT) = 10
- Obtained Score in CAP used in Final Merit List
- Class 12 Percentage of Marks = 5
- 90% & above Marks = 7
- 90% & above Marks = 8
- Academic Diversity = 5
- Gender Diversity = 5
- Total Weightage points = 100
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Following steps are included in the IIM Raipur Admission process:
- Step 1: The candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required sectional and overall percentile in CAT 2018 to be considered for Shortlisting process for admission at IIM Raipur.
- Category wise short-lists of the candidates are prepared for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2018 score, who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme of IIM Raipur.
- Step 2: Shortlisted Candidates have to attend Common Admission Process (CAP) 2019 for the participating IIMs. CAP 2019 will consist of both PI & WAT round in final selection process. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in PI & WAT will not be considered for the final selection.
- Step 3: After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Raipur to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in WAT & PI, academics, work experience, diversity among others. Category wise merit list will be generated based on weightages awarded to various components.
- Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2019 on the basis of Final Merit Score and will be available on IIM Raipur Website
- The application form and information brochure of PGP can be downloaded from our website www.iimraipur.ac.in
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Program Fee Details 2019
- The total program fees payable by PGP students of Resident Indian Category at IIM Raipur is Rs 12,31,200/-. In addition to this, students have to pay Rs.30,000/- towards refundable Caution Deposit
- The course fee includes Hostel accommodation, access to lectures, computer facilities, library etc. It also includes alumni fee. Charges towards boarding facility would be approximately Rs.4500/- per month. Laptop computer, textbooks, Insurance, personal expenses on travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
IIM Raipur PGP in Management Admission 2019 Application Fee
- Submit completed application form along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000 in favour of Indian Institute of Management Raipur payable at Raipur
- There is no application fee for SC/ST/NC-OBC/DAP applicants who submit an attested copy of SC/ST/NC-OBC/DAP certificate (For any query, please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reservation for eligible categories will be as per Govt. of India rules applicable for PGPWE programme at the time of admission
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur
IIM-R, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur-492015, Tel.: 0771-2772500, Email: email@example.com, Website www.iimraipur.ac.in