Indian Institute of Management Calcutta announces Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Program in Management for January 2020
IIM Calcutta Doctoral Programme in Management 2020 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta invites applications for admission to full time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Program in Management commencing in the January Session 2020
About the Program
- The Doctoral Programme of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is a full-time programme offered in various specializations in management and related disciplines.
- The programme seeks exceptionally motivated and committed students who will engage in rigorous interdisciplinary research. The programme is committed to educating scholars who will become leaders in their fields of research.
- IIMC doctoral programme seeks out individuals who
- Are Intensely Inquisitive
- Enjoy Intellectual Challenges
- Are Creators of Original Thoughts
See: PhD Admission in Management
- The link of application form will be open from 04th November 2019
- Completed application form should be submitted before 20th January 2020
- First Class Masters or Post graduate diploma (2 years) in any discipline and a three year Bachelors degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate; OR
- CA with minimum 50% marks or CS/CMA with minimum 55% marks, with B.Com degree; OR
- B.Tech/4 years degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent. Non-engineering candidates who have undergone 10+2+5 years will be considered eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme.
- In addition, applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in either the Secondary or the Higher Secondary Examination of a Board (or equivalent).
- 60% of the seats in the programme are reserved for the reserved categories (including EWS).
- An applicant can apply to at most two areas of specialization. They need to have taken the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2018 OR, depending on chosen specialization(s), alternative test(s) in lieu of the CAT as specified in the following table. The test score(s) should be valid on 20th January 2020
- Applicants for the Doctoral Fellowship Program are required to submit CAT or other scores in lieu of CAT as specified below:
- Economics: GMAT/GRE/UGC-NET in Business Economics/Development Economics/Economics
- Finance & Control: GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF in commerce/Economics/Management
- Human Resource Management: GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF in any discipline
- Management Information System/Marketing: GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF in any discipline
- Marketing: GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF in any discipline
- Operations Management: GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF in Mathematical Science
- Organizational Behaviour: GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF in any discipline
- Public Policy & Management: GRE/UGC-JRF in Anthropology/Economics/Environmental Science / Geography/History/International and Area Studies/Law/Management/Political Science/ Psychology/ Public Administration/Social Work/Sociology
- Regional Development: GRE/UGC-JRF in Anthropology / Economics/ Geography/ Population Studies/ Public Administration /Sociology
- Sociology: UGC-JRF in Anthropology/Economics/Political Science/Sociology
- Strategic Management: GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF in Anthropology/Commerce/Defense and Strategic Studies/Economics/Environmental Science/Geography/History/Law/ Management / Political Science /Psychology/Public Administration/Sociology Exemptions
- An applicant who is a graduate of any one of the two-year full-time Post Graduate Programs of any one of the Indian Institutes of Management with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of no less than 6.00/9.00 (or its equivalent) does not need to take any Admission Test. (S)he can apply directly using the FP Online Application Process. (S)he has to pay the application fee and meet the application deadline. After submission of Application, the selection procedure followed for such a candidate will be identical to that of all other candidates.
Validity of Score
- Validity of Score (other than CAT).
- Two years from the date of test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form.
- The evaluation process of applicants for the Fellow Program consist consideration of test scores in qualifying exam, overall academic record, alignment of research interests with the faculty members in concerned departments, statement of interest, and strength of recommendations and interview.
- The institute shortlists students from the pool of applicants in any year for an interview process at IIM Calcutta campus.
- No Tuition Fee charged
- Stipend : Rs. 30,000 35,000 per month
- Student Development Support
- Computer Grant
- Support for Fieldwork
- Support to attend International Conference/Workshop
- Doctoral students are usually provided accommodation in the campus on payment.
- Some residential facilities are also available for married students.
- Full Support for up to three international conference attendances anywhere in the world. Doctoral students are usually provided accommodation in the campus on payment.
- A candidate can apply to a maximum of two Areas of Specialization.
- The SC/ST/PWD applicants (submitting copy of SC/ST/PWD certificate) are required to pay application fee of Rs. 500/- and all the other applicants are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 1000/-.
- Applications will be received from 04th November 2019 to 20th January 2020.
- For further details please visit IIMC website: https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/doctoral/admissions
Doctoral Programme and Research Office, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Diamond Harbour Road, Kolkata 700104; Phone: (33) 2467 8300; Extension 1182, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iimcal.ac.in