International Institute of Information Technology Bhubaneswar announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
IIIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2019 – International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD courses for the academic year 2019.
Important Dates for IIIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2019
- Submission of online application commences on: 30th April 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 30th May 2019
- Date of Selection Test (tentative): 5th and 6th June 2019
- Commencement of classes: 01st August 2019
See: PHD Admission
Disciplines in which Doctoral Programmes are offered:
- Computer Science and Engineering: All areas of computer science
- Mechanical Engineering: Thermal Engineering, Design and Dynamics
- Basic Sciences and Humanities – Physics: Quantum Computation, Quantum Information, Computational Biophysics, Nonlinear Dynamics, Non equilibrium Statistical Physics
- Basic Sciences and Humanities– Mathematics: Optimization, Numerical analysis, Functional analysis, Fluid dynamics.
- Basic Sciences and Humanities- English: English Literature, American Literature, African English Literature, Indian Literature, Commonwealth Literature, Critical Theory, Communicative English, Professional writing, Translation
|Type of Scholar||Type of Students||Financial Assistance|
|FTIF||Full Time||Institute Fellowship|
|FTSF||Full Time||Sponsored/Self financed|
|PTSF||Part Time||Sponsored/Self financed|
|FTFM||Full Time Institute Faculty Members||Self financed|
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2019
The eligibility criteria for admission to PhD programme are as follows:
Must possess minimum qualification in relevant discipline and minimum CGPA/ % Marks.
| ORB.E or B.Tech from an Institute of Repute||8.0||75|
|Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 30 2019 can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 30,2019|
- Institutes of Repute are IITs, NITs, IIITs. Other Institutes are included in this list by the Institute Academic Committee (IAC) on case to case basis.
- A concession of 5% in marks or 0.5 in CGPA may be given to SC/ST candidates.
Students with degrees in one discipline can enroll for Ph.D. in another discipline if such discipline is considered relevant by the Institute Academic Committee. Relevant discipline matrix is given below:
|Computer Science & Engineering||B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering Electronics Engg. Electrical Engg., Information Technology|
|Mechanical Engineering||M.Tech in Mechanical Engg.|
|Chemical||M.Sc in Chemistry|
|Physics||M.Sc in Physics|
|Mathematics||M.Sc in Mathematics|
|Humanities||M.A in relevant subject|
The Selection Procedure involves the following:
- Short-listing of candidates will be done based on the academic performances.
- Those shortlisted will undergo a Written Test and Interview to be conducted at IIIT Bhubaneswar.
- The Final Selection will be done on the basis of academic performance, performance in the Written Test and the Interview taken together.
- The details regarding the selection test shall be notified separately. Candidates are advised to visit the admission website regularly.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
IIIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidate is required to fill the application online by accessing the Institute’s website (www.iiit-bh.ac.in) against official advertisement for doctoral programme. For details application procedure and fee payment refer to the latest advertisement in our website.
- Please note that only online application is accepted. The online transaction ID has to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the online transaction ID has to be entered in the application form.
- Online transaction for non refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- can be made via debit / credit card / net banking.
- Click on the link given in the website for Ph.D. admission.
- Enter your name and email id, so that an email will be sent to your e-mail id for enabling you to fill the form.
- Click on the link given in the email sent by our system.
- Carefully fill in all the relevant fields of the blank application form which include the draft details.
- Submit the form by clicking the button “Submit”. On successful submission, the next screen shall display the message Data saved. You will need the link sent to your email id, as well as the e-mail id entered by you to subsequently log in to our system and perform any or more of the following:
- Edit your application and resubmit if required.
- Print your application by clicking on the print button.
- The e-mail sent by our system should be carefully preserved by you. You shall need it for subsequent steps.
- Keep on visiting our Website to view important announcements regarding the admission process.
- You are required to send the following by speed post/hand delivery so as to reach IIIT Bhubaneswar latest by 31st May, 2019:
- Printed copy of the application form submitted online
- A recent passport size photograph, pasted on the application form.
- Information Brochure for Doctoral Programme
- Copy of the online transaction slip of Rs. 1000.00 (Rupees One Thousand only).
- Please write your name and application id on the back of the online transaction slip.
Self-attested copies of the following documents:
- 10th mark sheet and pass certificate
- 12th or Diploma mark sheet and pass certificate
- B.E./B.Tech./ Graduation mark sheet and pass certificate
- Post-Graduation mark sheet and pass certificate
- Valid NET (JRF) or GATE score (if qualified)
- A “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) from your current employer, if you are an employee of any Organization
International Institute of Information Technology Bhubaneswar. (A University established by the Government of Odisha), Gothapatna, P.O- Malipada, Bhubaneswar- 751003