Indian Institute Information Technology Bhagalpur announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 (Autumn Semester)
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of information technology Bhagalpur invites application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs for Autumn Semester 2021-22.
Read further for more details on IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admission 2021
Departments offering the PhD Programme and Research Areas
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) : a) Computer Architecture, b) Cyber security, c) Data Science and AI, d) Bioinformatics, e) Computer Networks and Wireless communications, f) Fault tolerance systems, g) IoT and Sensors
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) : a) Communication Systems, b) Signal Processing, Biomedical Engineering, c) VLSI & Microelectronics, Devices, Circuits, d) RF & Microwave Engineering, e) IoT & Sensors
- Mechatronics Engineering (MEA) : a) Machine Design, b) Electric Vehicle Technology, c) Manufacturing
- Mathematics (MA) : a) Word Combinatorics, String Algorithms, b) Mathematical Modelling in ecology, epidemiology, & biology
Categories of PhD program:
- Institute Stipendiary Full Time Research Scholars
- Sponsored Full Time Research Scholars
- Self-Financed Research Scholars
- Project Staffs
- Employed and Part-Time
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Advertisement on the Institute website :- 02nd June 2021 (Wednesday)
- Last date for receipt of application forms :- 05th July 2021 (Monday)
- Intimation regarding interview call to be uploaded on institute website :- 09th July 2021 (Friday)
- Date of written test/interview :- 15th & 16th July 2021
- Date of announcement of results :- 20th July 2021 (Tuesday)
- Last date of fee submission :- 02nd August 2021 (Monday)
- Registration :- 02nd August 2021 (Monday)
- Beginning of course work :- 03rd August 2021 (Tuesday)
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admission 2021
For PhD in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 or 60% of marks or first class. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 and/or 75% of marks with qualified GATE score. OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an IITs/NITs/IIITs or any Institute of repute in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 and/or 70% of marks. OR
- A student of IIIT Bhagalpur who is continuing his/her B.Tech.. studies and having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 at the end of sixth semester may be enrolled in the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her seventh semester of study. However, he/she has to complete the seventh and eighth semester of the B.Tech programme. Such students can receive dual B.Tech and PhD Degree. OR
- A regular student of IIIT Bhagalpur who is continuing his/her M.Tech studies and having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 at the end of second semester may be enrolled into the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her third semester of study. Such students can receive dual M.Tech and PhD Degree. OR
- An M.Tech. degree holder of IIIT Bhagalpur, with a minimum CGPA of 8.0, up to a period of 02 (two) years from his/her completing the programme, may be considered for direct admission into the PhD programme of the Institute, in the same Department. OR
- In exceptional cases an NRI applicant with B.Tech degree or equivalent in respective discipline with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 and/or 70% marks) may be considered eligible for admission.
For PhD in Mathematics
- Master’s degree in Humanities & Social Sciences/Science in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 and/or 60% of marks or first class with valid NET-JRF or any other equivalent test recognised by MHRD for award of fellowship in relevant field.
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Online application form is required to be submitted, which will remain available on the IIIT Bhagalpur website www.iiitbh.ac.in from June 02, 2021 to July 05, 2021.
- The GATE candidates will also have to apply through the same process.
- After filling the form, the candidates are advised to take a print of your application, fee receipt and other supporting documents and keep the same to produce at the time of written test and/or interview. Candidates can also apply for more than one programme.
- The submitted online application form along with supporting documents in a single PDF should be sent on or before July 05, 2021 to the Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Email subject should be super scribed as “PhD Admission (Full-time/Sponsored/Self-financed/Part-time) in ECE/CSE/MEA/BSH Department”.
- Application fee :- Rs. 1,000/-
- Mode of Payment :- Through SBI Collect portal only.
- The selection procedure for admission to PhD Programme is based on a consistently good academic record, written test and interview conducted by the Institute. Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD/ EWS are applicable as per GOI norms.
- The PhD admission will be based on the GATE score and written test/interview by the respective departments for Institute Stipendiary Full Time Research Scholars only.
- The PhD admission for Non-GATE Students (regular category) and Sponsored/Self-financed/Part-time PhD students will be based on performance of the candidate in the written test/interview by the respective departments.
For more details and to apply online visit the official website