IIHMR University Jaipur Admission announcement for PhD Program 2020
IIHMR Jaipur PhD admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), Jaipur invites application for admission to the Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2019-21.
PhD Program Offered
- PhD Program area of Public Health/Health Systems, Pharmaceutical Management and Development Studies and related areas.
- The minimum program duration is three years including period of registration. Registration in PhD is subject to passing the qualifying exam which will be based on the course work in the first year of the program.
IIHMR Jaipur PhD admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 12th January 2020
- Date of IRAT & Personal Interview: 01st & 02nd February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for IIHMR Jaipur PhD admission 2020
- Masters’ Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from a UGC/AICTE recognized institution or university, with at least 55% marks (or equivalent grade) for general category and 50% marks for SC and ST candidates in hospital and health management, general management, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, health informatics, social and behavioral sciences, economics, commerce, science, demography and statistics.=
- Faculty in the teaching institutions, researchers/scientists in research organizations and working professionals with relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to join the program and will be given preference in selection.
- IIHMR University encourages working professionals (health administrators, policy makers, medical /nursing and management professionals) to undertake the PhD Program to enhance competence in evidence based research for policy and program development. They will be given adequate weightage in admission. Such candidates should have minimum five years experience of working in the health sector.
Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar
- In addition to the educational qualifications mentioned at 4. 1(i) and (ii) the applicant shall prove the following to the satisfaction of the DRC (Departmental Research Committee):
- Permission of the employer in writing to the candidate, to pursue Ph. D programme along with his/her regular duties in the organization he/ she is employed.
- Availability of all facilities for pursuing research at the candidate’s parent organization / place of work, in the chosen field of research.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- The IIHMR University shall conduct an entrance test IRAT at pre-notified date for admission to Ph. D Programme. The second test may be conducted if seats remain vacant after first test.
- The entrance test shall be of qualifying nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The paper shall consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions primarily related to research methodology and the etc discipline.
- The University shall decide the predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D scholars to be admitted depending upon the number of available supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available, the norms regarding scholar- teacher ratio, laboratory, library and such other facilities.
- The University shall notify well in advance on its web site and through advertisement in at least two (2) newspapers having wide publicity of which at least one shall be in the regional language, the number of seats for admission/ subjects/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, admission procedure, examination centers where entrance test shall be conducted and other relevant information for the benefit of the candidates.
- The University will adhere to the State Reservation Policy.
- Qualified candidates shall be called for interview/viva-voce before the Departmental Research Committee to discuss their research interest / area and give a presentation on the same.
- All candidates who qualify UGC- NET( including JRF/ UGC-CSIR NET including JRF/ SLET/Teachers fellowship holders) shall be exempted from PhD Entrance test and will be called for interview. Final selection shall be as prescribed in these regulations.
- The interview / viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects.
- The candidate possesses the competence for proposed research.
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/ Schools / Research Centre.
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new / additional knowledge.
- Preference of candidate for supervisor shall be considered. However, recommendation of the DRC shall be final.
IIHMR Jaipur PhD admission 2020 Application Process
- Applicant can apply online through website www.forms.iihmr.org or download the application from Website www.iihmr.edu.in.
- Application must be sent along with a DD for Rs.1000/-. The duly filled in application form along with all the required documents may be submitted to the Dean, Research, IIHMR, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302029.
The IIHMR University, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Near Sanganer Airport, Jaipur – 302029, Phone: 91-141-3924700, 2791431-32, Fax: 91-141-3924738, E-mail: email@example.com