Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore announces Admission to PhD Program 2024, Apply now
IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 – The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic session 2024.
IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
- Online Applications Open: 27th September 2023
- Online Applications Close: 23rd October 2023 05:30 pm
Eligibility Criteria for IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2024
- You may apply if:
- you have qualified for JRF in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam (202, 2023 onwards), or
- scored 95.00 percentile or above in the JEST (2023), or
- scored 95.00 percentile or above in GATE (2022, 2023)
- Note: Scores must be valid at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying for the IIA-PhD program based on their GATE / JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST.
- NOTE: Percentile = [(T-R)/T]*100, where T = Total number of candidates, and R = All India Rank.
- Please refer to the GATE / JEST score card for T & R.
- Important: Our admission criteria also requires the candidate to have scored aggregate of 60% marks or above throughout his/her academic career.
- Maximum 28 years as on October 30th, 2023
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iiap.res.in/
- Eligible candidates are required to first register on our site. Please enter your name and provide a valid e-mail address for registration.
- Please provide all details of the marks/GPA for all examinations taken so far. Please normalize the GPA to 100%, i.e., if the GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10 etc.
- Please verify that you have filled in your postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers correctly. If you are called for an interview, the call letter will be sent to email.
- Uploading scanned documents please ensure that all scanned documents are clear and readable.
- For any queries please contact: [email protected]
- Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- The interview will be held online only (by audio-visual /audio means).
- In case of difficulty in holding the interview, candidates will be selected based on their academic record.
- In the worst case, the admission process is likely to be suspended.
- Updates will be posted on our website.
- Written exam may be conducted to short-list students for an interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website