RMRC Bhubaneswar Admission to Master of Health Program 2019
ICMR-RMRC Bhubaneswar MPH Admission 2019-20 – Applications are invited for admission into 2nd batch of 2 year full time Master of Public Health (MPH) Program for the academic session 2019-20.
- The Regional Medical Research Centre is one of the institutes under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research (Dept. of Health Research, MOHFW, Govt. of India). The Centre has focussed its activities in the area of research in both communicable and noncommunicable diseases, human resource development programme and in establishing strong linkage with State Health Department in finding solution to the regional health problems.
- Besides basic and applied research, translational research has been taken up in operational mode, pertaining to communicable diseases (lymphatic filariasis, malaria, diarrhoeal disorders, tuberculosis and diseases of viral origin), non-communicable diseases, nutrition, maternal and child health, health system strengthening, sickle cell diseases, hypertension, diabetes, etc.
- The Centre is also working in the area of Public Health, Microbiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment.
See: MPH Admissions 2019
Name of the Course
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
Duration: Two years (4 Semester)
- Bachelor degree holders of any institute/University recognised by the UGC having secured at least 50% of marks for General & 45% marks for SC/ST Candidates in the relevant subject, such as Medicine, AYUSH, Dental, Allied Medical & Health Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Nursing, Epidemiology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Life Sciences, Population Science/ Studies, Statistics, Biostatistics, Demography, Social Sciences, Social Work, Public Health Engineering, Physician Assistant, Nutrition, Home Science, Community Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Management, Law and Economics.
- Students appearing in the final degree examination can make a provisional application pending publication of results subject to meeting minimum eligibility requirements at the time of interview. Admission to the course is based on the combined result of written test and interview.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Attested copies of all certificates and mark sheets starting from Matriculation.
- Caste certificate/ Certificate claiming reservation (if any) from the competent authority.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- A selection committee constituted by Director, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar will select the candidate based on following:
- a) Review of application form
- b) Written test
- c) Personal Interview
- Relevant work experience in Public health related activities will be an advantage.
- Reservation/Relaxation will be followed as per norms being followed by Govt. of Odisha/ University.
- Mere possession of eligibility criteria will not entail selection for course. The decision of Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar regarding selection of candidates & number of seat, within rule shall be final.
- The candidate will be informed by Letter/E-mail regarding date of written test, interview, venue etc.
- All eligible candidates will have to appear an entrance test to be held at RMRC, Bhubaneswar. All the questions are of MCQ type and compulsory. Each question carries 2 marks. One mark will be deducted per wrong answer.
- The questions for entrance examination will cover General Public Health Awareness, Numerical ability, General English including Grammar/ Common errors and Scientific awareness up to +2 levels.
- Rs. 50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) per annum.
- Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred only)
How to apply?
- Prescribed application form can be downloaded from institute’s Website: www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in & www.icmr.nic.in. The prescribed application form given in the Website should only be used as application form. Any other form will not be considered.
- Application is to be submitted along with the application fee of Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred only) by means of demand draft drawn in any nationalized bank in favour of the “Director, RMRC” payable at Bhubaneswar. Application without the application fee will not be considered.
- Duly filled in application form with necessary documents and original draft should be sent to “The Director, ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, S. E. Rly. Project P.O., Bhubaneswar, Odisha, PIN-751023”, super scribing “Application for MPH” on the top of the cover.
- The completed application form with enclosures & original draft can also be submitted by hand to Academic Coordinator, MPH up to the last date during office hour (except holidays).
- Availability of application form: 09th August 2019
- Last date for receipt of completed applications at RMRC: 10th September 2019
- ICMR- Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar-751023, Odisha, India, Phone No: 91-674-2301322, 91-674-2301351, M: 7978179782, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in, Website www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in & www.icmr.nic.in.