ICMR-National Institute for Malaria Research announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 (January Session)
ICMR-NIMR PhD Admission 2021 – ICMR-National Institute for Malaria Research invites applications from highly motivated students from Biology background for enrollment in PhD Programs for the academic year 2021-2022.
Read on for more details on ICMR-NIMR PhD Admission 2021 from the post below.
ICMR-NIMR PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start of online application: 20th April 2021
- Last date for submission of online application: 20th May 2021
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the application and demand draft: 31st May 2021
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for Interviews: Last week of June 2021
- Date of Interview: Second week of July 2021
- Announcement of final Selected: 3rd /4th week of July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR-NIMR PhD Admission 2021
- Highly enthusiastic students from almost any branch of Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Entomology /Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Chemistry/ Physics /Biophysics /Mathematics /Computer Science/Computational biology/Biostatistics/or allied subjects with a particular interest in Biology.
- M Sc, M.Tech, B.Tech, B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS/MD in Biological Sciences or other branches with a particular interest in Biology with Malaria Research, with at least 60 percent (or equal in CGPA) can also apply ( or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA), for general and OBC category, and 55% for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- In case CGPA is not based on 10 point scale candidates should provide a statement issued by the respective University indicating conversion of CGPA to percentage. Candidates who have appeared or are appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- In exceptional cases, students may be enrolled (if recommended by Director) in case extramural project funding is available or else the candidates must have one of the following fellowships:
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on November 15, 2021 for General Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
ICMR-NIMR PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through NIMR website www.nimr.org.in
- Application forms available at the NIMR website (www.nimr.org.in) should be duly filled and submitted online on or before May 20, 2021.
- A printed copy of the filled application form should be submitted along with a non-refundable Demand Draft for Rs 300/- (Exempted for SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates, provided they submit supporting document) drawn in favor of “Director-NIMR
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Application Fee – Rs 300/-
- Mode of Payment – Through online or offline mode.
- The names of the short-listed candidates along with the date and time for the personal interview will be displayed on the ICMR-NIMR website.
- The list of Ph.D. guides (who have a vacancy for Ph.D. students in their laboratory) and a brief description of their research projects would be given to shortlisted candidates.
- The final selection would be based on the performance in the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website