ICMR-NIIH Mumbai & CRMCH Chandrapur announces Admission to PhD Program 2023-24, Apply now
ICMR NIIH PhD Admission 2023 – ICMR-National Institute of Immunohematology (ICMR NIIH), Mumbai and CRMCH Chandrapur invites applications for admission to full time PhD Programmes in Applied Biology, Biochemistry & Biotechnology under the University of Mumbai for the academic session 2023-24.
ICMR NIIH PhD Admission 2023
- Last date for submission of online application: 20th September 2023
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for online Interviews: To be announced
- Date of Interview: To be announced
- Candidates who are Indian citizen and having Postgraduate degree in any branch of Applied Biology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics with at least 60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from higher secondary (10+2) onwards for General and OBC category and 55% for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- In case CGPA is not based on 10 point scale candidates should provide a statement issued by the respective University indicating conversion of CGPA to percentage.
- Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for the qualifying exam in the academic year 2020-21 and results are awaited, are also eligible to apply. However, such applicants will have to submit the proof of qualifying marks at the time of the interview or if selected at the time of admission. Kindly note that registration for the PhD degree at Mumbai University will happen only after meeting the eligibility criteria of Mumbai University
- PhD entrance test (PET) conducted by the University of Mumbai in the subjects of Applied Biology/Biochemistry/Life Science/Molecular Biology.
- CSIR-UGC NET (JRF or LS) or GATE (Life Science/Biotechnology) or JRF Examination conducted by national agencies such as ICMR/DBT or SET (Life Sciences/Microbiology/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry) or Valid DST-Inspire fellowship.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 20th September 2023 for General and EWS Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/ PWD/Women candidates and up to 3 years (3 1 years) for OBC candidates will be granted.
- Reservation will be as per the UGC rules followed by the University of Mumbai
- Application form available at the NIIH website https://www.niih.org.in/ should be duly filled and submitted online on or before 20th September 2023
- Hard copies of the application need not be submitted to the Institute. Only duly filled online applications will be considered.
- For General and OBC Category – Rs. 300/- plus Transaction Charges
- For SC/ST/PWD & EWS Category – Exempted from payment of fees
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit card/Credit card/Net banking
- The names of the short-listed candidates along with date and time for the interview will be displayed on the NIIH and ICMR websites.
- The final selection would be based on the performance in the online interview.
- The selected candidates, who have passed JRF examination conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT can avail fellowship as per the rules of the respective funding agency.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website