ICFAI Law School Dehradun announces PhD in Law Admission 2019
ICFAI Dehradun PhD in Law Admission 2019- ICFAI Law School Dehradun invites application for admission to (Full time/ Part time) PhD in Law for the academic session 2019-20
ICFAI Dehradun PhD in Law Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for the submission of Application Form: June 29, 2019
- Selection Process: May – July, 2019
- Registration: July 24, 2019
See: PhD Admission
Category for PhD Program
Full Time Ph.D. Program:
- Candidates registered for full time research shall work and conduct research on a full time basis under a recognized research supervisor. The duration of Ph.D. course for a full time research scholar is four (4) years from the date of admission. Full time Ph.D. scholars will be provided hostel accommodation as per the terms of the University.
Part Time Ph.D. Program:
- Candidates registered as part time research scholars shall work and conduct research for four (4) years under a recognized supervisor. Candidates seeking admission as part time research scholars have to submit no objection certificate from the employer to pursue Ph.D. Course and for attending classes of Ph.D. course work conducted in two spells in the first two years of the program during summer term.
See: Law Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for ICFAI Dehradun PhD in Law Admission 2019
- A candidate is eligible for admission into Ph.D. program, if he/she obtained not less than 55% marks at the Post Graduate Degree in Law in regular study mode from a recognized University and Ph.D Eligibility Test.
- The following applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible for admission into part time Ph.D. Program:
- Regular teachers working in University Law Colleges or affiliated Law Colleges with a minimum of three years continuous teaching experience.
- Practicing Advocates with a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Judicial Officers with a minimum of 5 years experience. Retired Judicial Officers are also eligible to pursue Ph.D. Program in Law.
- Any Gazetted Officer with a minimum of 8 years of administrative experience.
- Any Executive with a minimum of 10 years of administrative experience in any recognized Law Firm/ Tax Consultants/ Public or Private Limited Company/ Company Secretaries/ LLP.
ICFAI Dehradun PhD in Law Admission 2019 Application Process
Students interested can apply by any one of the following methods:
- Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at www.iudehradun.edu.in and make payment of Rs. 500 towards the cost using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card / Internet Banking) through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants.
- Applicants can download the Application Form from www. iudehradun.edu.in and send the duly filled application form to the Admissions Office along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 500 towards the cost of the application in favor of “The ICFAI University, Dehradun – Fee Collection A/c” payable at Dehradun.
See: List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
- Admission into Ph.D. full time/ part time program in Law shall be through an entrance test (Ph.D Eligibility Test) followed by Ph.D. admission interview. All the candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria shall appear for the Ph.D. eligibility test. The candidates who are qualified in UGC/JRF examination/NET/SLET are exempted from appearing Ph.D. eligibility test.
Pattern of Ph.D. Eligibility Test
- The eligibility test is of objective type with multiple choice questions covering the subjects of Constitutional Law, Indian Penal Code, Law of Torts, Corporate Law, Labour Law and Jurisprudence. Syllabus for eligibility test on the above subjects will be given along with the application form. Duration of the test is of 2 hours. The minimum marks for qualifying the Ph.D. eligibility test shall be 50%.
Ph.D. Admission Interview
- Candidates who have qualified in the Ph.D. eligibility test shall be called for Ph.D. Admission Interview. After the Ph.D. Admission Interview the list of eligible candidates for registration for full time and part time Ph.D. program will be finalized.
ICFAI University, Dehradun
Admissions Office, The ICFAI University, Dehradun, Rajawala Road, Central Hope Town, Selaqui, Dehradun – 248 001, Uttarakhand, E-mail: email@example.com