|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GKV) Haridwar announces Admission to PhD. Program 2021
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya PhD Admission 2021 – Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University) Haridwar invites application for admission to (Full-time/Part-time) PhD Program for the academic year 2021-2022.
Read on for more details such as the course offered, eligibility criteria, application process, fee, etc on Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya PhD Admission 2021.
PhD Program Offered
- Sanskrit, Vedic Literature, Philosophy, English, Hindi Literature, Yogic Science, Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology, Psychology, Management, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Zoology, Environmental Science, Botany, Microbiology, Physical Education, Applied Science (Physics), Applied Science (Chemistry), Applied Science (Maths), Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Comm. Engg., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shraddhanand Vedic Shodh, Economics
No. of Seats
- The total number of seats available is 199
- The duration of the Program is 03 years.
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for submitting the filled in application :- 31st July 2021
- Last date of the DRC meeting :- 31st August 2021
- Last date for admission to Ph.D. course work :- 15th September 2021
- Date of commencement of Ph.D. course work classes :- 16th September 2021
- Examination of Ph.D. course work :- Feb. 2022
- Declaration of result of Ph.D. course work :- Last week of March 2022
- Last date for submission of application form along with Ph.D. synopsis :- 10th May 2022
- Last date of RDC meeting :- 31st May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya PhD Admission 2021
- Admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree in main subject/ allied subject or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) /PWD DifferentlyAbled) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/Govt. of India from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Note: A candidate holding Acharya Degree in allied subjects which are given in Table-1 with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised University/Institution shall also be eligible for registration in PhD degree in Veda, Sanskrit, Philosophy & Yoga subjects.
Direct Admission of the candidate for Ph.D. program
- Those candidates who fulfil one of the following requirements may be considered for Direct Admission to PhD programs.
- A candidate who has passed NET-JRF/NET/SLET /SET/GATE/M.Phil examination. GATE/SET/SLET Certificate should be valid as on the last date of application.
- A candidate who is a teacher fellowship holder selected under Quality Improvement Program (QIP) /Faculty Development Programme (FDP)/Faculty Improvement Program (FIP).
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can also apply online.
- Application form, Information Brochure for admission to Ph.D. programme (Full time/Part time) can be obtained from the office of Registrar, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University), Haridwar by paying Rs. 500/- in cash or by sending a demand draft of Rs.500/- to Registrar, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University), Haridwar.
- The demand draft should be in favour of “Registrar, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University)” payable at Haridwar. Application form can also be downloaded from www.gkv.ac.in
- The candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will have to compulsorily submit their complete final result of qualifying examination at the time of Interview before the Departmental Research Committee (DRC), failing which their candidature shall stand cancelled.
- Completely filled in Application form for admission shall be submitted to the office of Registrar, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University), Haridwar. Online/ downloaded application from website will be accepted alongwith demand draft of Rs. 500/-.
- Application Fee :- Rs. 500/-
- Processing Fee (At the time of Interview / counseling) :- Rs. 1000/- (Non refundable)
- Mode of Payment : Demand draft should be in favour of “Registrar, Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University)” payable at Haridwar.
- Admissions and registration to programmes leading to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in various subjects/disciplines ( Table-1) shall be done as per UGC norms and as approved by the Academic Council of the Vishwavidyalaya from time to time. The admission to the said programme shall be given to NET/ NET-JRF/ SLET/ SET/ GATE /M.Phil. (admitted through entrance test) qualified candidates.
- The PhD program will be allowed in those subjects in which permission was given by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi/Academic Council of Gurukula Kangri (Deemed to be University) will continue. The subjects approved by the Academic Council for PhD program shall be covered by these rules and regulations.
For more details and to apply online visit the official website