GNA University announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
GNA University PhD Admission 2020 – GNA University, Sri Hargobindgarh, Phagwara (Punjab) applications are invited for admission in PhD Program for the academic year 2020.
- PhD Program at GU is committed to train scholar and researcher to attain excellence in scientific & technical education, portraying the nation as a research hub at global platform. This program is design to shape research centers at GU to be truly Global Interdisciplinary Research Center of Excellence where Teaching and Research are closely interwoven representing all academic disciplines. The Ph.D. Program is offered in the following steams.
GNA University offers Ph.D. program in following streams:
- Business Management and Commerce, Chemistry, Computer Science, English, Environmental Science, Hotel Management, Physical Education, Physics, Tourism, Computer Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
GNA University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Last date of Receipt of Applications
||18th December 2019
|PhD Entrance Exam
||21st December 2019
|Tentative date for Admission Interview
||15th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GNA University PhD Admission 2020
- For admission to the Ph.D. program in the Faculty at GU, applicants fulfilling the following criteria shall be treated as eligible:
- Person having passed Post Graduate Degree (Master Degree) Examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) or equivalent Grade Point Average-GPA (As per the UGC Norm).
- Person having qualified GU PhD Entrance Exam with minimum 50 % scores followed by an interview.
- The Entrance Exam and Interview carry 70% and 30% weightage respectively for the final selection.
Exemption from Entrance Examination
- The candidates fulfilling at least one of the following conditions will be exempted from Entrance
- Qualified in NET/SLET/GATE/RAT/JRF/SRF/examination of the apex bodies as CSIR/ UGC/ ICAR/ ICMR and or DST INSPIRE fellowship/ICCR or any equivalent test/exam.
- Note:-Candidates entitled for exemption from the Entrance Examination shall submit the Application Form along with relevant supporting documents within the stipulated time period.
- The test will be conducted in two phases comprising objective type questions in Paper I and II.
- Paper I (10:30 am to 11:30 am) and II (11:30 am to 12:30 pm) will be carrying 100 marks each having 60 questions out of which 50 are to be attempted in 60 minutes per paper.
- Minimum 50% marks are required to be considered as “Qualified” to appear in personal interview.
- There shall be no negative marking.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
GNA University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website www.gnauniversity.edu.in Applicants can also filled the online application at http://www.gnauniversity.edu.in/phd-application-form
- Send the filled entrance application form along with the desired documents and Proof of Online Payment /Demand Draft (in favor of “GNA University, Phagwara”)of Rs.1000/- through registered post only by December 18, 2019 at GNA University, Phagwara-Hoshiarpur Road, Sri Hargobindgarh,Phagwara, Punjab 144401 (INDIA).
- Also send the scanned copies of application form, payment slip/DD and desired documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Fee: Rs. 1000/- (General Category) and Rs 500/- (SC/ST/OBC/PH)
- Registration Fee: Rs. 10,000/- (Included in Tuition Fee)
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 50,000/- for first semester and Rs. 35,000/- for subsequent semesters
For students from abroad
- Application Fee: $ 100 USD
- Registration Fee: $ 150 USD (Included in Tuition Fee)
- Tuition Fee: $ 900 USD for 1st semester; $ 600 USD for subsequent semesters
Sri Hargobindgarh, Phagwara-Hoshiarpur Road, Phagwara, Punjab-144405, (Assistant Dean, Research & Academic Affairs) Email: email@example.com, Phone No.: +91-9041781124, Website www.gnauniversity.edu.in