Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy Program 2023, Apply Now
GIPE PhD Admission 2023 – Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) Pune announces Entrance Test for Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Economics/ Population Studies/Agricultural Economics/Public Policy for the academic session 2023.
GIPE PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Agricultural Economics, Applied Econometrics, Applied Macroeconomics, Demography & Gender, Demography & Population Economics, Development Economics, Econometrics, Economic History, Economics of Affirmative Action, Economics of conflict, Economics of microfinance, Employment, Environmental Economics, Finance and Banking, Financial Economics, Gender (sex ratio), Caste and Class, Input-Output Economics, Labor Economics, Law and Economics, Livelihood Activities, Macro Econometric Modeling, Monetary Economics, Poverty and Inequality, Public Economics, Regional Economics, Resource Economics, Social Problems
- Application Begins: 27th April 2023
- Application Closes: 31st May 2023
- Date of Entrance Exam: 25th June 2023
- Entrance Results Declaration: 30th June 2023
- Master’s Degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Population Studies/Law and Economics/Public Policy/Sociology with at least 55 percent marks ((50 percent for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/OBC/VJNT/DTNT) from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates should download the application form from www.gipe.ac.in and submit two copies (one original plus one photo copy) of their application form along with bio-data and the list of publications, etc.
- Candidates should submit with their application, self attested copies of Certificates as proof of their educational qualifications and experience, statements of marks and of the S.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of their date of birth. Original certificates should not be submitted along with the application but should be produced at the time of interview.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories should also submit with their application, a self attested copy of the valid caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- The allocation of seats shall be as per Government of Maharashtra guidelines, with 50% of the seats in the open category and the rest in reserved categories. Seats not filled in the reserved categories shall be transferred to the open category.
- Eligible candidates desirous of applying for admission to the Phd Programme January 2023 are requested to download the Application form from http://gipe.ac.in/ and submit the same duly filled in, on or before 31st May, 2023
- For Open and OBC candidates: Rs. 3,000/-
- For reserved category candidates i.e. SC, ST, DTNT and VJNT: Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment: Demand Draft
- Entrance Examination: Admissions to the Ph.D. programme shall be granted through an Entrance Examination. The Entrance shall have two components – (1) Written Test and (2) Interview. The Written Test will be held on Sunday, January 9, 2023.
- Exemption from Written Test: Candidates who have obtained (a) M.Phil Degree of a recognised University through regular and not in distance mode, (b) and those who have qualified at the UGC JRF/NET/SET examination shall be exempted from the Written Test and shall qualify for the interview.
- Candidates who pass the Written Test will be called for the Interview.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website