Gauhati University announces GU Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) for Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2023 – Gauhati University (GU) invites applications for Admission into the Autumn Session of the PhD Program through GU Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) 2023 of Gauhati University for the academic session 2023-24 (August 2023 to July 2024)
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2023
- Opening of Online Registration: 02nd June 2023 (after 5:00 PM)
- Closing of Online Registration: 15th June 2023 (Midnight 12:00)
- Issue of Online Admit Cards: 27th June 2023 (5:00 PM onwards)
- Publication of list of Exempted Applicants: 23rd June 2023 (8:00 PM)
- Date of Examination: Sunday, 02nd July 2023
- Publication of Rank Lists (online): 20th July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University PhD Admission 2023
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply
- Minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences, the rules of the Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Exemption from GURET 2023
- Exemption from appearing in the GURET 2023 does not mean automatic admission into the PhD Programme
- It is just a benefit awarded to certain deserving applicants. An exempted applicant will necessarily have to go through the process of Counselling before she/he can be admitted into the PhD Program.
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://gauhati.ac.in/ & https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/
- Application process for GU-RET 2023 is conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP). Candidates can fill the form for PhD courses through CAP.
- Also, the candidates who have been exempted from taking GU RET 2023 have to fill the CAP and pay the fees
- Application form for GU-RET 2023 is available now
- Candidates fill the same before the last date
- Application Fee – Rs. 1000/- + Bank Charge
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/RuPay Card
- GURET 2023 : 100 Marks.
- Counselling : Selection at the Department Level, following qualification at GURET 2023.
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Types of Questions: Objective Type Test
- No. of Questions: 120 questions
- Total Marks: 480 Marks
- Marking Scheme: There will be no marking for unattempted questions
- The syllabus for the GURET 2023 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject.
- Admit card can be downloaded from the website https://gauhati.ac.in/ & https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website