DSPMU Ranchi for Admission in Ph.D. Programme 2019
Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee University PhD Admission 2019 – Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee University (DSPMU) Ranchi (Jharkhand) offers admission to the eligible candidates in Ph.D. Entrance Test For Admission in Ph.D. Programme for the academic year 2019-2020.
DSPMU Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- The Ph.D. Programme offered by Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee University, Ranchi, will be governed by the “M.Phil. / Ph.D. Regulations, 2018” of the University which are in consonance with the provisions of the UGC (minimum standards and procedure for Award of M.Phil. / Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2016.
- Applicants fulfilling eligibility criteria as stipulated and seeking admission to Ph.D. Programme of DSPMU, Ranchi shall be required to take a qualifying examination which shall be termed as “Ph.D. Entrance Test”
See: PHD Admission 2019
Ph.D. (3 year)
- Specializations – English; Sanskrit; Philosophy; TRL; Botany; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics; Zoology; Anthropology; Geography; Political Science; and Psychology
No. of Seats
- English – 04
- Anthropology – 21
- Sanskrit – 11
- Geography – 02
- Philosophy – 02
- Political Science – 03
- TRL – 05
- Psychology – 05
- Botany – 38
Self-Financing Vocational Courses
- Chemistry – 10
- M.Sc. Environmental Science – As in Zoology
- Mathematics – 10
- M.Sc. Microbiology – As in Botany
- Physics – 02
- MCA & M.Sc. IT – As in Maths
- Zoology – 18
- The application for admission to the M.Phil./ Ph.D. programme is to be made to the Head of the concerned Dept. of the University in the prescribed form.
- A person who has obtained Master’s degree of at least two-year (or 4-Semester) duration, in any discipline, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (such as MBA, MCA) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, such as grade point of 6.25 in 10-point scale for Master’s in Computer Application, Master’s in Information Technology as per AICTE norms) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / BC-I (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC / AICTE / State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Valid Score in Entrance Exam
- Candidate should pass Entrance Exam for Ph.D. Course
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be of two hours duration carrying 80 Marks.
- There will be 80 multiple choice types questions each carrying one mark. The question shall be categorized into two groups i.e. group-A and group-B.
- Group A: There shall be 20 questions based on fundamental concept of Research Methodology and shall be common for all subjects of the concerned Faculty.
- Group B: There shall be 60 questions from the concerned subjects based on understanding of the subject matter as per Post-Graduation syllabus of Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee University, Ranchi.
- The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be 50% for all categories of candidates
- Candidate need 10, 12th and Post Mark Sheet when applying for Ph.D. to fill up the online application form
- Candidate should not attempt filling up the form before the publication of your result.
- Rs. 4000/- for General Category
- Rs. 3000/- for SC/ST
- The fee can be paid in the following ways:
- By Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- Service Charges and Service Taxes (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank, when paying through Debit/Credit Card./Internet Banking
- Submit their application online in the University Website www.dspmuranchi.ac.in latest by 07th September 2019 along with prescribed Examination Fee (inclusive of cost of form) Rs.4000/- for General /BC; and Rs.3000/- for SC/ST
- Steps to be followed to apply online
- Offline form will not be accepted.
- Step 1. Register yourself
- The candidate should fill all details while filling the Online Registration Form.
- The registration form contains the personal details and contact details of the candidates. After successful submission of the data, registration no. will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the application form and also required for all future correspondence.
- Step 2. Pay Examination fee.
- Candidate should pay fee as per instruction given.
- Step 3. Fill online application form
- Step 4. Upload Scanned images of latest Passport Photograph, Last Passing Marksheet, Residential Certificate, Caste Certificate For ST/SC/BC-I/BC-II, Income Certificate For ST/SC/BC-I/BC-II.
- Step 5. Print Confirmation Page for your record and future reference.
- On-line application submission will be considered as complete only after receipt of “Confirmation Page”.
- Application Form Starts 03rd August 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form 07th September 2019