Dr. C.V. Raman University Bilaspur announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
Dr CV Raman University PhD Admission 2020 – Applications are invited for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programme of Dr. C.V. Raman University in accordance with the availability of seats for the academic year 2020.
About the University
- Dr. C.V. Raman University is located in the state of Chhattisgarh on the Bilaspur Amarkantak highway about 25 kms from Bilaspur. The campus is spread over nearly 50 acres of well-developed land in a serene environment providing on excellent surrounding for teaching and learning, well equipped with all the facilities, faculties and department.
Research Programme (Ph.D.)
- Dr. C.V. Raman University offers Ph.D. Programme through various disciplines. Award of Ph.D. degree will be made on the basis of academic achievements in research work and published work as well as the papers presented in seminars, conferences etc. in various disciplines.
- PhD Programme of Dr. C.V. Raman University in accordance with the availability of seats in following disciplines:
- Sciences: [Subject – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Rural Technology]
- Arts: [Subject Geography, Political Science, Economics, History, Sanskrit, Hindi, Library & Information Science]
- Commerce & Management: [Subject – Management]
- Education: [Subject – Economics, Physical Education]
- Information Technology: [Subject – Information Technology, Computer Science]
- Law: [Subject – Law]
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for Dr CV Raman University PhD Admission 2020
- A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application, hold a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH/category candidates(non creamy layer)] or an equivalent grade of Deemed University or any other University incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University.
- Admission will be made through Entrance Test and Interview as per M.Phil /PhD regulations of the University based on UGC regulation 2016
- The short listed candidate will be intimated for interview and there after take admission as per rules, the short listed candidate must submitted transfer certificate/ character certificate, migration before the examination of course work.
- If candidate has minimum gape a year between the programs it is compulsory to submit gap certificate before the examination of course work.
- The fee structure of Ph.D. Programme will be as per fee fixation committee of Govt. of Chhattisgarh or as decided by the Board of Management (BoM) of the University.
Structure of Entrance Examination:
- The entrance exam for admission to Ph.D. programme consists of one theory paper of 100 marks having two sections. The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
- Section I– Contains 40 questions (multiple choices) to assess the candidate’s general awareness, verbal ability, quantitative ability, data interpretation, analysis, synthesis, reasoning, basics of computing and research aptitude (40 marks)
- Section II consisting of 30 questions (multiple choices) to assess the candidates capability of defining certain concepts & knowledge from the relevant discipline in which he/she seeks registration as indicated in application form(60 marks).
Dr CV Raman University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application Form may be obtained from the Admission Office at CVRU Campus by Cash or Demand Draft of Rs.1500/-, also downloaded application form, from the Website www.cvru.ac.in can be submitted to the Registrar along with a Demand Draft for Rs.1500/- payable at Bilaspur in favour of Dr. C. V. Raman University on or before 07th December 2019.
Dr CV Raman University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 07th December 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 05th January 2020
- Venue: Dr CV Raman University, Kota
Dr. C.V. Raman University
(Established by the Government of Chhattisgarh Act No. 13 of 2005 and approved vide UGC Act 2(f) 1956), Accredited with B+ Grade by NAAC, Kargi Road Kota Distt. – Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh) India – 495113, Ph: +91-7753-253801, 09617779322 Fax : 07753-253728, Website www.cvru.ac.in