Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra notifies Master of Public Health (Nutrition) Admission 2019-20
DMER Maharashtra MPH (Nutrition) Admission 2019 – The Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) invites online applications for admission to Master of Public Health (Nutrition) MPH (N) for the academic year 2019-20 in Maharashtra
Govt. of Maharashtra has started Master of Public Health (Nutrition) MPH (N) from academic year 2019-20 at nine Govt. Medical Colleges of Maharashtra.
- Master of Public Health (Nutrition) is an intensive two-year course designed to create a cadre of public health nutrition specialists to tackle malnutrition. This course provides an excellent knowledge and skills in Public Health Nutrition.
See: MPH Admissions
Aims and Objectives of the course:
- To provide a sound understanding of the science of nutrition and public health.
- To provide advanced knowledge and skills in Public Health Nutrition and provide a scientific basis for assessment and management of nutritional problems of vulnerable populations.
- To build capacities to undertake research projects in the area of Public Health Nutrition.
- To enhance knowledge and skills for improved program planning, management and evaluation of programs in a Public Health Nutrition setting.
Duration of the Course:
- Two years (Full time)
Language of Course: English
Number of Seats
- List of Colleges with MPH (N) Course in Maharashtra:
- Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai – 20 Seats
- B J Government Medical College, Pune – 20 Seats
- Government Medical College, Nagpur – 20 Seats
- Government Medical College, Akola – 20 Seats
- Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College, Yavatmal – 20 Seats
- Government Medical College, Chandrapur -10 Seats
- Government Medical College, Gondia – 10 Seats
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad – 20 Seats
- Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Government Medical College, Nanded – 20 Seats
- Total Seats: 160
Eligibility Criteria for DMER Maharashtra MPH (N) Admission 2019
- Following health science graduates are eligible:
- MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS/BHMS/BPTH /B.Sc PMT,B.Sc & P.B .B.Sc Nursing
- Medical officers in service can send an advance copy and will be considered if granted permission through proper channel.
- In-service candidate from the same institute (College) can apply after obtaining NOC from concerned Head of Department and Dean. In-service candidate from the Government Medical College can apply in the same Government Medical college / institute.
- The Candidates must have completed requisite internship in respective degree course at the time of filling of application form.
- Candidate must have passed graduation from the institute situated in the State of Maharashtra.
- The candidates who are domiciled in Maharashtra and who have obtained admission under 15% quota for appropriate all India entrance examination for courses in health sciences in the college/institution situated outside Maharashtra State and who have obtained a degree from a University situated outside the State of Maharashtra will also be eligible for admission to MPH(N) course.
- Such candidates should submit certificate from the Dean/Principal of respective college stating that the candidate was admitted under 15% quota for all India entrance test for courses in health sciences, and Candidate’s Domicile certificate of Maharashtra by virtue of residence.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Eligible candidates will be selected based on aggregate marks obtained in all the qualifying examinations for graduation. Preference will be given to MBBS followed by BDS/BAMS/ /BUMS/ BHMS/BPTH/B.Sc PMT, B.Sc & P.B.B.Sc Nursing.
- The fee of Rs. 40,000/- for the course should be paid at the respective college by Demand Draft from any Nationalised / Scheduled Commercial Bank in favour of Dean of College, as applicable.
- Eligibility & Examination fees would be charged extra as per MUHS Norms
- Tuition Fee – For 1st Year – 40,000/- and For 2nd Year – 40,000/-
- Library Fee – For 1st Year – 10,000/- and For 2nd Year – 10,000/-
- Total Fee – For 1st Year – 41,000/- and For 2nd Year – 41,000/-
- Students will have to pay examination fees, one time eligibility fees and any other fees as and when made applicable.
Cost of online application form
- Cost of online application form of MPH (N) 2019 is Rs. 1500/-. Bank transaction charges of Rupees 60 for online payment of application fees will have to be borne by the applicant. This application fee (Rs. 1560/-) is not refundable. It is the sole responsibility of candidate to ascertain payment of fees within the prescribed period, failing which online application will be rejected.
- After submitting an online application form, challan of SBI bank will be generated and challan should be submitted at any branch of SBI bank.
DMER Maharashtra MPH (N) Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applications for admission to this program will be invited through notice on DMER website http://www.dmer.org. Online application form can be submitted by interested candidates.
- The Information Brochure for MPH (N) 2019-20 will be made available on the website www.dmer.orq.
Instructions for filling Online Application
- Applicants should have a valid Email Id.
- Before filling Online Application Form Download Information Brochures and read the same carefully.
- Please remember the password given by you at the time of filing Application form. It is important for further login.
- Please note that if candidates commit any mistake in filling the online Application Form, it cannot be corrected by this office. The Office will take no responsibility of any kind for such forms. The candidate can submit application afresh
- After submitting Online Application Form, you have to take printout of E-Challan and Deposit requisite fee in any branch of the State Bank of India from Second
- Working Day onwards, from the day of submission of online application form and obtain your copy of Challan showing Journal ID/Transaction ID.
- Applicants need not send copy of Application Form or any Document to this office. However candidates may take printout of Application Form for his/her subsequent use / record.
DMER Maharashtra MPH (N) Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online application form filling will be available on website: 10th October 2019
- Payment of Rs.1560/- through Challan at any Branch of State bank of India: 14th October 2019
- Last date for online filling of Application Form: 17th October 2019
- Last date for Payment through Challan: 19th October 2019
- Online Preference form filling Process: 21st October 2019
- Last Date for online preference form Filling Process: 24th October 2019
- Publication of 1st Selection List: 25th October 2019
- Last date for joining of 1st Selection Round: 02nd November 2019
- Publication of 2nd Selection List: 04th November 2019
- Last date for joining of 2nd selection round: 11th November 2019
- Cut off date for MPH (N) for academic session: 30th November 2019
- Academic session will start on: 01st December 2019
Directorate of Medical Education & Research, Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building, St. George’s Hospital, Compound, Near V.T., Mumbai-400001, Tel. No. +91-22-22620361-65 Website: http://www.dmer.org.