Digital University Kerala announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program 2023, Apply now
Digital University Kerala PhD Admission 2023 – Kerala University of Digital Science, Innovation, and Technology (Digital University Kerala) (formerly IIITM-K) invites application for admission to Ph.D programs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Digital Sciences and Informatics for the academic Session 2023
Digital University Kerala PhD Admission 2023
Type of PhD Program
- Part-time Regular Ph.D
- Industry Regular Ph.D
- Full-time Regular Ph.D
- Call for applications: March-May 2023.
- Entrance tests and interviews: June 2023.
- Program commencement: July 2023.
- For the General category candidates, a 2-year (or more) Master’s degree with 60% marks or an M.Phil degree with 60% coursework marks in a discipline relevant to the school in which the candidate is applying is required.
- SC/ST/OEC/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled/Economically weaker section candidates have the same criteria as the General category candidates, except that they need to have only 55% marks.
- The candidates who have appeared for the final examinations are also eligible to apply if their aggregate marks until then are equal to or above the minimum required marks. If admitted to the Ph.D. program, they have to meet the full eligibility criteria within a date specified by the University.
- Part-time and Industry Regular Ph.D applicants are additionally required to have a full-time job with at least 5 years of relevant full-time work experience, after their Bachelor’s degree. To apply to the Industry Regular Ph.D program, the applicant should be a full time employee of the industry at the time of application.
- The mentor identified by an Industry Regular Ph.D applicant needs to provide a letter describing how the chosen industry research lab is sufficiently equipped to conduct the required research.
- Additional school-wise eligibility requirements
School of Computer Science & Engineering
- Ph.D degree in Engineering : A minimum of 6 years of study (4-year Bachelor’s + 2 years Master’s.)M.Tech in an area related to computer science, computer engineering, information technology or electronics.
- Ph.D degree in Technology : MCA or M.Sc/M.Tech in an area related to computer science, computer engineering, information technology or electronics
School of Digital Sciences
- Ph.D degree in Technology : M.Tech/M.Sc/MCA in any discipline
- Ph.D degree in Science : M.Sc in any discipline
School of Electronics Systems and Automation
- Ph.D degree in Engineering : A minimum of 6 years of study (4-year Bachelor’s + 2 years Master’s.)M.Tech in an area related to electronics.
- Ph.D degree in Technology : M.Tech/M.Sc in an area related to electronics
School of Informatics
- Ph.D degree in Science : M.Sc in Natural/Physical Sciences or Applied disciplines
- Once the admissions open for the Ph.D programs, interested candidates need to apply online through DUK’s Ph.D application portal (https://duk.ac.in/admission/apply/) and upload all the required documents
- If a candidate wishes to apply to more than one school or type of Ph.D program, he/she has to register separately and apply separately for each.
- Candidates must read notification / instruction carefully before applying.
- For General Category : Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST and differently-abled candidates : No application fee
- A candidate needs to be either NET/JRF qualified in the relevant discipline or should qualify the Digital University Research Aptitude Test (DRAT) to be shortlisted for the Ph.D interview.
- DRAT has two parts: DRAT-Common (DRAT-C) that is common to all the applicants and DRAT–Subject (DRAT-S) that will be conducted by the individual schools.
- DRAT-C will be conducted as an online AI and human proctored test. The candidates can take the test from their homes. The candidates need not travel to any specific test centers to take the test. DRAT-C shall contain questions on English comprehension, quantitative aptitude, research aptitude and analytical aptitude. The candidates who qualify DRAT-C will be called to take the DRAT-S test.
- DRAT-S test will be conducted offline at DUK by the different schools. The candidates will be tested for their knowledge in the subjects and the research areas of interest of the individual schools.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for an interview/viva-voce based on their NET/JRF qualification or the overall DRAT score. The shortlisted candidates are required to send one letter of recommendation and a Statement of Purpose (SOP). During the interview/viva-voce, the candidates are required to give a presentation that includes
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023