Dibrugarh University announces Admission to MA in Women Studies 2019
Dibrugarh University MA Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from interested candidates by Dibrugarh University for admission into MA in women’s studies for the year 2019
Also See : Admission Notifications
About the Discipline:
The Centre for Women’s Studies Dibrugarh University has been set up with the following broad objectives:
- To teach Women’s Studies and integrate the gender perspective in social science teaching and research.
- Provide participants the knowledge, skills, expertise in the field of Women and Gender Studies
- Familiarize the students in concepts related to women and gender studies and their relevance in the field of academics, media and other spaces of work where the lens through women and gender studies play a vital role.
- Promote awareness in the community about gender discrimination and its impact on women.
- Conduct research and outreach programmes on issues pertaining to women’s lives and gender relations.
Also See : MA Admissions
Dibrugarh University MA Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration starts from: 21st June 2019
- Last Date for online Registration: 26th July 2019 (up to 5.00 pm)
- Date of Entrance: 31st July 2019
- Declaration of results: 5th August 2019
- Date of Admission: 7th August 2019
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters, CBCS)
Intake Capacity: 30
Eligibility Criteria for Dibrugarh University MA Admission 2019
- Bachelor Degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university with minimum 45% Major or 50% marks in the aggregate for general graduate.
- Selection of candidates for admission to M.A in Women’s Studies will be made through a written test (100 marks). There shall be 40 multiple choice questions (2 marks each) and 2 long answer questions (10 marks each). The written test will assess a candidate’s knowledge of and sensitivity to contemporary social issues related to women and gender, general knowledge, and reasoning as well as analytical abilities, English vocabulary and grammar.
Dibrugarh University MA Admission 2019 Application Process
- The intending candidates need to apply online through the “Online Application Submission” portal of Dibrugarh University which is available at www.dibru.online from 21.06.2019.
- The application fee of Rs. 500/- needs to be paid at the time of applying online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking.
- On successful submission of the Application, an Acknowledgement Slip with “SUCCESS” status will be generated.
- Candidates are advised to download and print the Acknowledgement Slip along with the submitted Application Form and Admit Card for future reference.
- A step-by-step instruction of the Application Process is available on the homepage of the “Online Application Submission” portal.
For more details visit the official website
Dibrugarh, Assam 786004, website www.dibru.ac.in