University of Delhi, Delhi School of Economics announces Admission MA in Economics Program 2019
DU Delhi School of Economics MA (Economics) Admission 2019 – Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University invites Applications for admission to M.A. in Economics is a 2-year full-time program for the year 2019.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
M.A. in Economics
- The Department offers a Master of Arts (M.A.) programme in Economics, which reflects new developments in the discipline. The curriculum has a strong theoretical and quantitative focus with all students being trained in the use of computers and statistical software that they find useful in their professional careers in academia, research institutions, government, and industry.
- The M.A. programme is semester-based and includes a large number of elective courses which allows students to pursue their varied interests and to specialize in their fields of choice.
- The M.A. in Economics is a two-year full-time programme with each year comprising the summer and winter semesters. It consists of fifteen courses, of which six are compulsory core courses and nine are elective/optional courses. Every student is required to complete the programme within a span period of four years of initial admission.
- The medium of instruction and evaluation is English. Please note that the M.A. syllabus is under revision, and a new syllabus may be adopted for the academic year 2019-20.
DU Delhi School of Economics MA in Economics Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for registration: 17th June 2019
- Classes will start on: 22nd July 2019
See: MA Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for DU Delhi School of Economics MA in Economics Admission 2019
- A candidate with BA Economics will be considered to be eligible to apply. DU fills 50% of seats on the basis of BA Economics and 50% marks obtained in 2019 Entrance Exam.
- The registration process will close from June 17, 2019. Complete all formalities before the prescribed dates.
Indian Students (General Category)
- Indian Nationals can get admission through two modes Direct/ Merit Mode or Entrance Test Mode. however, for each mode, there is a percentage of marks to be fulfilled:-
- Direct/Merit Mode– A candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate in B.A. Economics (Hons)
- Entrance Test Mode– A candidate must have secured at least 60% or 1st division or equivalent CGPA in any Under-Graduate/Postgraduate degree in any subject.
- A foreign national may be given choice to choose either take a Departmental test or submit their GRE Scores along with 2 recommendation letters from their 2 academic referees.
- Entrance test– who choose to appear for the entrance test must fill the ONLINE form and apply within the prescribed.
- GRE scores– candidate must display a high level of mathematical competence through marks obtained in graduation at the university studied and in the GRE test.
Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
- You should be aware of what is taught at DU in B.A. (Honours) Economics programme. Your concepts should be clear and you must have knowledge of the following topics:-
- microeconomic theory,
- macroeconomic theory,
- mathematical techniques used by economists, and probability, statistics and elementary econometrics.
- The question paper might have multiple-choice questions only. In such case, you will observe 4 options out of which only 1 will be correct. Paper will be in Offline mode. You should darken the correct circle using Black/ Blue ballpoint pen clearly. Mark only one bubble. You will be marked positively for correct answers.
- Minimum qualifying marks to be secured in DU DSE MA (Economics) entrance exam 2019
- In the written test, a candidate must secure a minimum percentage of marks. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as per last year was 40% (General category), 36% (OBC category), and 20% (SC/ST category).
- Separate merit lists will be put up for the reserved and general categories to be admitted through the Entrance Test and through Direct Admissions. Admission procedure will be as per the Bulletin of Information at http://www.du.ac.in/adm2019/postgraduate.html. Admission of students to the course will be provisional and will be confirmed by the Admission Committee of the University only after verification of the original certificates.
- After being selected for the M.A. Economics programme, students may enroll themselves either in the Department of Economics at the Delhi School of Economics, or in any of the colleges of the University of Delhi that are willing to register them. No specific quotas are assigned in colleges for students of M.A. Economics.
DU Delhi School of Economics MA in Economics Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates shall be required to fill the application form by visiting the official website of the Department i.e www.econdse.org.
- The registration process shall involve providing personal details, educational details, experience if any, correspondence details, uploading scanned photograph and signatures etc. And finally, fee payment will be done. Candidates will get their Application Number and Password. These credentials will be used to download the application form.
- All applicants must register and pay application fees on the University’s PG admission portal http://www.du.ac.in/adm2019/postgraduate.html. Detailed instructions on how to fill the application forms are available on the portal and in the University’s Bulletin of Information which can be downloaded from the same website.
- The date, time and venue of the Entrance Test will be announced on the University’s PG admissions portal, and Admit Card will be downloaded from the online registration account generated on the same portal. Any queries should be addressed to the helpline numbers/email address given on the portal.
University of Delhi
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics), South Campus, Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, Moti Bagh South, New Delhi110021, Phone No: 27666395, 27008130, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.econdse.org