Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
DDU Gorakhpur University PhD Admission 2023 – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya (DDU) Gorakhpur University invites application for admission to PhD program for the Academic Session 2023-24
DDU Gorakhpur University PhD Admission 2023
- Zoology; Visual Arts; Urdu; Statistics; Sanskrit; Psychology; Political Science; Physics; Physical Education; Music; Medieval & Modern History; Mathematics; Law; Home Science; Hindi; Geography; Genetics & Plant Breeding; Environmental Science; English; Electronics; Education; Economics; Defence & Strategic Studies; Commerce; Chemistry; Business Administration; Botany; Biotechnology; Ancient History, Archaeology & Culture; Agriculture Extension; Agriculture Economics
- Start of Application Forms: May 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Applications (Extended): 15 June 2023
- Date of Entrance Exam: Check in Admit Card
- Interview: will be declared later
- A candidate for admission to the course of Ph.D. program shall have master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- The candidate should have passed his graduation with the second division.
- Candidates can apply online application through website http://ddugorakhpur.com/dduphd/
Steps to Follow
- Step 1: Fill and Submit Registration Details.
- Step 2: Print Registration Form and Proceed To Login
- Step 3: Pay Application Fee
- Step 4: Fill the online application Form
- Step 5: Printout Application Form
- University shall admit Ph.D. students through a Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted at the level of the University every year.
- Weightage of 70% for entrance and 30% for interview will be given for selection.
- Those candidates who have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship (RF) in the examinations conducted by UGC, ICAR, GATE, SAT and CSIR JRF and the applicant having equivalent fellowship shall be exempted from appearing for the Entrance Test, and 30 percent seats will be reserved for such candidates. In case of non-availability of JRF candidates during a particular academic calendar, the seats will be filled with candidates who have qualified the university regular entrance test.
- University shall exempt full time regular teachers employed in the University, grant-in-aid colleges and Government Degree Colleges affiliated to DDU Gorakhpur University from appearing in the Research Entrance Test. They will be admitted through an interview.
- University shall grant exemption from Research Entrance Test to those regular teachers and students of any foreign University which has been approved by the University Grants Commission and who have been recommended by their embassy/higher commission.
Research Entrance Test (RET)
- SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PwD – 45%
- Others – 50%
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023