Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra announces Research Entrance Test (RET) for Admission to M.Phil Program 2019 (December Session)
Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra M.Phil Admission 2019 – Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra invited application for admission M.Phil Research Entrance Test (RET) for Admission 2019.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra M.Phil Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for receiving filled online application forms: 30th November 2019.
- M.Phil Research Entrance Test (RET) : 15th December 2019
Venue: Multimedia Extension Building, DEI,
Timing: Written Test – 09:00 am – 10:30 am
Details of Course
- M. Phil in Drawing & Painting
- M. Phil in English
- M. Phil in Hindi
- M. Phil in Home Science
- M. Phil in Music
- M. Phil in Sanskrit
- M. Phil in Theology
- M. Phil in Commerce
- M. Phil in Botany
- M. Phil in Chemistry
- M. Phil in Mathematics
- M. Phil in Physics
- M. Phil in Computer Science
- M. Phil in Zoology
- M. Phil in Economic
- M. Phil in Management
- M. Phil in Political Science
- M. Phil in Psychology;
- M. Phil in Sociology
- M. Phil in Dairy Technology.
Eligibility Criteria for Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra M.Phil Admission 2019
- Master’s degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent CGPA 5.5/10 in the qualifying examination (first post-graduate degree). There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks (or equivalent grade point average) for Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Backward Castes (BC)/ Physically Challenged (PC) candidates in the minimum marks (or CGPA) required in the qualifying examination.
Exemption from M.Phil. Research Entrance Test (RET)
- A candidate who fulfils one of the following requirements may be considered for admission to M.Phil. without appearing in the M.Phil. RET. However, they will have to appear for the interview and obtain minimum 50% marks in the interview.
- A candidate who has qualified National Eligibility Test as NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). However, candidates qualifying NET-LS (National Eligibility Test for Lectureship), or SLET (State Level Eligibility Test), only, shall not be eligible for M.Phil. RET Exemption.
- A permanent teacher of the Institute with post-graduate qualification and at least two published papers in a standard journal or two full papers in reputed conference proceedings.
- Candidate who is a recipient of fellowships of government/semi-government organizations such as Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE),Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and similar national-level organizations, which are awarded through an All India selection procedure conducted by the agency/organization concerned. However, candidates selected in a research project funded by such organizations shall not be considered under M.Phil. RET exempted category.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2020
- The written test will be of 1.5 hours duration and will have the following 2 sections:
- It will cover the following –
- Section A –Questions of research methodology (35 questions of 1 mark each).
- Section B – Subject related questions of specialized nature related to particular discipline of Faculty. (35 questions of 1 mark each).
- There shall be no negative marking. No re-evaluation of the answer books of the written test will be allowed.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify the pattern of conduct of M.Phil. RET as well as minimum qualifying marks.
- The reservation will be applicable as per norms for the M.Phil. seats of every department for SC/ST/BC/PC categories.
- The M.Phil. RET written exam will be of 70 marks, and the interview will be of 30 marks.
- Final merit list will be made out of a total of 100 marks.
- For those candidates who are M.Phil. RET Exempt, the interview marks will be multiplied by 3.33 to bring all the candidates on a common scale of 0 to 100.
- For the interview, the candidates are required to produce their all relevant original certificates, such as NSS, Games & Sports, other co-curricular activities, Community service, Additional Academic Qualification, Participation in Workshops/Seminars/Conferences, Publications in journals/proceedings, etc.
- If a candidate has any specific queries/issues regarding the screening or selection process of M.Phil. Admissions, the same may be addressed to the Chairman, Arbitration Committee of the Institute by submitting an application on plain paper at Window No. 1 of the Central Administrative Office of the Institute.
- If a candidate who has been admitted after selection and payment of all dues, remains absent continuously for more than seven days without permission, during the first two weeks, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- Admission granted to a student in the Institute shall be cancelled if it is discovered at a later date even after the completion of the course of study, that the student had obtained admission by fraudulent means or by misrepresentation of facts. In such a case, he/she shall forfeit all the accruing benefits and if the degree/diploma has been awarded, it shall be cancelled.
- All such candidates for whom the result of the final year of the qualifying degree (M.A./M.Com., etc.) in the concerned subject is still awaited or those who have not attached final year mark sheet, may be given provisional permission to appear in the M.Phil. R.E.T. based on the details submitted in the application form. They are required to show the final year’s/semester’s mark sheet (original) up to one hour before the commencement of the Written Test /Interview, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- The result of M.Phil. RET – December 2019 will be declared by December 27, 2019, and registration and fee submission will take place on December 28-30, 2019. The regular schedule for research work will commence immediately after registration in the respective departments.
- Those candidates of the Institute who have (A) been awarded Director’s Medal in their post–graduate qualifying examination (such as MA/M.Com…, etc.) (B) passed the post–graduate qualifying examination from respective departments of DEI, and (C) scored CGPA of 9.0/10 or above may be granted direct admission to the M.Phil Programme. In the absence of an applicant with Director’s Medal, the best candidate of the discipline concerned satisfying criteria (B) and (C) may be considered, subject to availability of seats. Number of seats in such cases shall be treated as supernumerary subject to a maximum of 20% of the total available seats.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra M.Phil Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to fill the online application form available at the official website